Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car still wont start

Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 PM
7FIVE7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jstabb1 can only hope to improve
Default Car still wont start

Ok some of you may know that i believe my car hyrdolocked during the little huirricane ernesto, if not you can read my thread. I've pulled the plugs, shot the water out, replaced plugs, oil, filter, and put in a engine treatment into each cylidner which is supose to loosing the pistons if the are stuck or watever to the cylidners. After all that i still had no luck. When i turn the key i get nothing at all. So today i took my battery up a family mechanic and he charged it to full and i also replaced my starter with a brand new one. I tried to start it and i still get nothing. I did notice a little whisle only when i turned the key but that was it. Does anyone know anything it could be? The water came through the intake during the flood. I was told that my rods couldn't be bent being it hasnt been started since. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 PM
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Car still wont start

is it a 5sp.? i had a old pos bronco 2 that did that. we hooked it behind my dads truck and pulled it down the street and droped it in gear and it worked. prob not that great of a idea but it worked for me and i didnt care about the truck so i wasnt worried about it
Old 09-11-2006, 05:48 PM
7FIVE7

Yes its a 5spd, and my car is the only car i have, and i don't think im willing to take the chance of fucking up my transmission or anything else in that fact being its paid off.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:01 PM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

Computer get wet?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:05 PM
7FIVE7

Originally Posted by taz757
Computer get wet?
Would it cause the any other eletrical malfunctions? Because the inside lights, plus all dash lights work? And please excuse me if my responses or questions are dumb, im still learning and would rather gain knowledge and experiancae then just sending it to a shop.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:09 PM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

Originally Posted by jstabb1
Would it cause the any other eletrical malfunctions? Because the inside lights, plus all dash lights work? And please excuse me if my responses or questions are dumb, im still learning and would rather gain knowledge and experiancae then just sending it to a shop.
Um, I don't think that the lights and stuff work off the computer. Basically - did your passenger kick panel get sumberged in water? If it did, that's the side that the computer is on in a Honda. It's probably fucked.

Also - make sure you've checked *all* of your fuses. Does the starter even try to turn over?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

where are you located at?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:17 PM
7FIVE7

Originally Posted by taz757
Um, I don't think that the lights and stuff work off the computer. Basically - did your passenger kick panel get sumberged in water? If it did, that's the side that the computer is on in a Honda. It's probably fucked.

Also - make sure you've checked *all* of your fuses. Does the starter even try to turn over?
No, i don't get ANYTHING, no attempt what so ever. But i was told to run a wire from the starter to the battery to see if it will start because my starter switch could be bad. And the back seat of the passenger side was full of water but the front looked ok, but i will def look at it tommaorow. Should i open up the ecu and look inside?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:18 PM
7FIVE7

I'm located in virginia beach, Kempsville nieborhood right by providence and edwin.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Banned

sive ick is an unknown quantity at this point

yes,open the ecu and check to see if its corroded,if it is then get a new one,or used whatever.If all that checks out look and listen for a short.

Quick Reply: Car still wont start