Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car trouble need some advice please!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94_CRVtec has disabled reputation
Default Car trouble need some advice please!

ok, so i have a 94 integra wih a b16a2 swap and i was driving to work the other day and out of no where the motor just cuts out on me. And now it wont start. The motor itself is turning fine (i have rotated it from the crank pully) but it wont even try to start. I have checked for fuel, its getting fuel fine but it dosent really seem like its getting as much as it should be, i checked for spark, its getting that fine as well but still nothing. When i try to start it, it is making an odd noise from the dizzy that i have never really heard before im not sure how to explain it other than to say it sounds kinda like a grinding sound. Im thinking maybe something in the dizzy might be kinda fucked. I pulled it off and the ears on the back of it are fine i pulled the cap off and other than there being a little bit of currosion in places everything seems fine under the cap and like i said it is getting spark. So far i have tried the main relay, the starter (to make sure its not grinding on the flywheel) checked all the fuses that i can in the path of the fuel/starting system that i can, the last thing that i can think of is to try the computer and try to toss a different dizzy on there to see if that dose anything but if anyone has any advice at all that would help it would be awesome because not having a car is rough...thx in advance.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: Car trouble need some advice please!

anyone got any kinda of advice at all?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

when you go to start it does it spin real fast???? checked the compression yet?
Old 08-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

havent done a compression test yet but thats the next step
Old 09-07-2006, 06:13 AM
Banned

jujub1 is an unknown quantity at this point

did you say the dizzy was making a grinding noise if so even though you are ghetting spark thats does not mean its firing at the right time .I believe its the top dead center sensor or (TDC) as people call it. If you have a buddy who has a dizzy to let you use try it and see im sure thats your problem
Old 09-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Most likely it is dizzy related. Check rotor button, make sure the screw did not back out. Common problem.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

^+1 if you hear grinding coming from dizzy, then id say thats the best place to start. TDC sensor sounds possible as well, but dont see why it would cause grinding.