Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

having trouble starting car and keeping on!!

Old 04-25-2004, 11:50 AM
el Chingon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chorejas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default having trouble starting car and keeping on!!

alright here is the problem. when i start the car (of course this only happens after cranking the hell out of it and tapping the gas pedal some) i must keep the rpm at about 2-3k unless i want the car to die again. i do that for like almost a minute and then the car idles by itself at around 1k. than i can dirve off and get to a stop light/sign and the car will die again and then it usually starts right up after a few cranks and a little gas pedal mashing.
now i check all grounds, re-gapped the spark plugs and i even swapped ECUs (have P28 w/ HONDATA, swapped to P75) but i still have the same symptoms. now here is the funny thing. my fuel pressure is around 49-52psi when the car is running, but once i shut the motor off the fuel pressure drops to 0psi. what's that all about? isn't it suppose to stay pressured? could it be the FPR? i'm really leaning toward a fuel problem right now. the car runs a little rich also. did some research and read it might be the main relay? but don't know if that makes sense.
fuel or ignition? it's gotta be one of these. but like i said i'm leaning towards the fuel side. like i'm flooding the motor out or something. ideas?
Old 04-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Bitches get Stitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: having trouble starting car and keeping on!!

the car loses fuel pressure when you turn it off. your pressure at idle should only be at 40 psi however.