Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car stutters when turbo spools...

Old 03-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoManiac has disabled reputation
Default Car stutters when turbo spools...

I recently changed the stock fuel pump in my car to a walboro 255 lph. First hour it ran perfectly fine, then I tried to punch it an hour later the damn car would stutter once the turbo spools. When the needle hits above 0 on the boost gauge, the car stutters like crazy and it does it in every gear. The mods on my car are turboback exhuast (catless), intake, and bov. Checked all the ic piping and their on tight. Re checked the fuel pump and all the lines are on good too. Going to change the spark plugs tomorrow, not sure if this will solve the problem because the plugs don't looked fouled, jus a tad bit black. People say I might need tuning, which I was going to get, didn't know I would have this problem, but I dont think that because my car is not tuned it would stutter this bad whenever the turbo starts spooling... Maybe I am running way to rich, but I know people using 255 walboro pumps with no tuning at all. 8- ( Anybody ever have this problem before, or know what I can do to fix it... ALso, im gonna check my oil tomorrow, don't think it's it either cause I just got an oil change at the dealer about a month ago.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:41 PM
INTERNET PIMP

2.3Liter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Car stutters when turbo spools...

Well first off you could be runnign rich but do you have a manual boost controller?
If you are running rich it will sputter like that also. check your routing lines for hte bov to the boost selinoid also
Old 03-07-2005, 05:37 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

a fuel pump upgrade alone wont do much for you unless you have a fuel pressure regulator to adjust and increase the fuel within the rail. i would bet the fuel pump is bad. yes i know its new, but there have been instances where this has happened with walbros.

not trashing walbro, i use one myself. I would put the old pump back in there and check to see if it boost again.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:46 AM
INTERNET PIMP

2.3Liter is on a distinguished road

good point my 2nd walbro was bad brand new i also run a 255HP
Old 03-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

hmm, my car has been stuttering forever since I got rear ended. I finally put new gas in for the first time in a month, had bout a quarter tank left and needed some gas to take it to a shop tomorrow. After putting in gas, the car, when I punched it, it freaking howled and it actually went with barely any stuttering. Maybe I had bad gas????? It's been a month since I put gas in, but right after I got rear ended, my car started stuttering at 0.5 bars of boost, thats prob 7 psi or so. But now I hit 1.3 or so around that area and it doesn't flutter. I did smell a burning rubber smell, maybe its from the bad gas or from the snow that was melting and hitting the manifold? Hope it isn't my clutch, I was engaging in first when I suddenly got hit and i left go and the car stalled, but the car doesn't rev freely and the clutch doesn't slip so Im not sure if thats it. This is some weird shit, thought it was my fuel pump that got messed up, but anyway, I might still take it in tomorrow just to see if they can run a diagnostic on what was wrong and etc and tell me if I still have problems, also the claim adjuster has to still pay for whatever is wrong with my car soooo, yea 8- )
Old 03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

you probably just got bad gas in general.. it happens but you dont really notice until your boosting.. has happened to me a few times. stick with shell 93 if you run pump
Old 03-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

Yea, I think shell has the best gas, I thought exxon had good gas, but maybe they screwed up that time. Hopefully it was just bad gas and they find nothing wrong tomorrow when I take my car in, the insurance guy should be happy if they find nothing wrong, he can just pay for my car diagnostic if so 8- ) But in the near future if my clutch goes bad Im gonna blame it on the accident and get me a new clutch, because when I got hit, I was engaging in 1st and I let go hard as shit when that hoe hit me, and then stalled out.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Ricky Racer

screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08

i always use shell gas in my wrx. but once i tried exxon and my idle was shitty and jumped and acted weird when i got on it. switched back to shell after i ran the last of the exxon gas and was fine again.