Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car died and won't restart

Old 06-22-2007, 09:47 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default Car died and won't restart

I've read through most of what came up in the search and I might of missed my answer but as my title says my car died. I started it today and it didn't sound the same. It sounded like "cammed muscle car" I gave it some light rev's but it kept doing it and I just said maybe it's still warming up. I usually wait for the cars idle to drop because that gives me the impression that it is warm and ready to go.
About 3 minutes after starting it it just died and I noticed white smoke and a burnt smell as if I'd just smoked the tires or something. I tried to restart it and it turns over, shakes really hard but never fires up. A friend will come check it out tomarrow for me but I just wanted to see what some of you might think it was.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Banned

Gompers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car died and won't restart

any visible leaks?

check the plugs?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:04 AM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo

white smoke = coolant.

check your head gasket possibly.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:46 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts

part of my wiring harness got hacked up because i don't have a fan shroud

Old 06-29-2007, 05:09 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

to tell you the truth, with it missing that much stuff it shouldnt be on the road. get a fan shroud and air cleaner assembly. then fix the wiring harness or have someone qualified do it. please disconnect the battery before attempting this.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:10 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

oh yeah...how many times has it overheated?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:17 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

oh sorry i took the cold air intake off this morning because i needed to get to the thermostat housing.

there was one time that there was a lot of coolent in the overflow tank

Last edited by CarShowz; 06-29-2007 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:39 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Things that recently took place:

1. I needed to change my radiator because the top half of it broke and there was nothing for the hose to clamp onto

2. after replacing the radiator i took the car out for a spin and when i got back i heard a gurgling noise that turned out to be a lot of fluid in the overflow tank

3. i didn't think too much about it because i drove the car pretty hard and the needle in the dashboard did not show that the car was hotter than normal

4. i went to get a radiator flush because there is a lot of nasty sludge in my overflow tank so that means that crap is also running through my motor

5. i couldn't get it flushed because they said i needed a new thermostat because it wouldn't open

6. the car still wasn't showing signs of overheating yet

7. i started it up one day and it sounded like a "cammed musclecar"

8. it died, there was white smoke and the smell of something really burnt

9. when i took off the cold air intake to get to the thermostat housing i also noticed that part of my wiring harness was all cut up
Old 07-14-2007, 07:21 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

the car is now running again. aside from part of my wiring harness being screwed i also had a blown fuse. a friend and i reconnected the wires and i replaced the fuse and the car started again finally. it was still idling really rough my friend adjusted the idle air screw and now the car sounds fine again.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:51 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Hopefully this is the last time I have to bring this post up. The car starts up and idles fine while sitting. I took it around the neighborhood and noted the following problems.

1. The rear calipers seem to be sticking. I can hear them rubbing the rotors as if I'm riding around with the E brake up.
2. The car has no air at all now. It never blew AC since I first got the car but now it doesn't even blow heat.
3. When I put the car in neutral to coast to a stop sign or light the car dies.

The brakes were bled the last time I drove the car so the calipers shouldn't be sticking. The heat worked before but doesn't anymore. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Car died and won't restart