Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car accident

Old 01-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car accident

Hey guys got a bit of a tough question here. I got hit from the side, the guy was going about 20-30km/h, and i was still, and he hit me righ ton the wheel. My alignment is really off. The camber is pretty bad, but toe is even worse. when the wheels are closest to be straight as they can the steering wheel is pretty much upside down. It's a 95 civic lx 4dr, any idea what could be broken? What to check for? Let me know, wana get this thing fixed asap.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car accident

Originally Posted by hondazccivic
Hey guys got a bit of a tough question here. I got hit from the side, the guy was going about 20-30km/h, and i was still, and he hit me righ ton the wheel. My alignment is really off. The camber is pretty bad, but toe is even worse. when the wheels are closest to be straight as they can the steering wheel is pretty much upside down. It's a 95 civic lx 4dr, any idea what could be broken? What to check for? Let me know, wana get this thing fixed asap.

check the lower control arm and your suspension....see if you can find anything Bent
Old 01-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Hey, I'm pretty sure the arm coming off of the wheel hub going to the upper A-arm is bent, could that cause the toe angle to be off by a lot? I can see how it can affect camber, but let me know guys.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Hey, guys i brought my car into a shop for them to do an inspection, and it seems that my spindle assembly and upper control arm is bent. Would this definetly affect the toe angle of the allignment? Let me know guys.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:06 PM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

Hey, guys i brought my car into a shop for them to do an inspection, and it seems that my spindle assembly and upper control arm is bent. Would this definetly affect the toe angle of the allignment? Let me know guys.
Control arms are fairly inexpensive, and can be easily installed, and yes it would affect your alignment.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

Hey, do i need any special tools to remove/install the spindle assembly, and upper front control arm. I will need to remove the outter tierod end from the spindle side. Let me know guys.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:30 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Hit up Pick and Pull off Oceana.. use the cars in there to learn what you need first hand. AND you can pull the parts there and get them at a decent price to put them on your car.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

FocusTunr has disabled reputation

tht same thing happened to me and i had to get a new control arm, tie rods, and strut tower. you should definitely check the control arms and tie rods.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

you will need a pickle fork, a pair of pliers, and some wrenches and a socket set. it is fairly easy. do not reuse the old wheel bearing in the new assembly that you pick up. go somewhere and have a new bearing pressed in. i would also replace the wheel studs while you have it all apart for peace of mind.