Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

can you take off hondata?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:29 PM
ALL ABOUT THE TORQUE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricedoutaccord has disabled reputation
Default can you take off hondata?

i have a p28 ecu with hondata s200.. i wonna know if i can take it off and chip it.. can it be done ? if not does anyone have a p28 chiped for sale?

thanks
Old 08-01-2008, 07:38 PM
︻╦╤─

DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk
Default Re: can you take off hondata?

You want to take off the Hondata to "chip it" ? The loose terminology (or incorrect) of "chipping" anymore has me scratching my head.

If you mean can you drop the Hondata for something like Crome, then yes you can (assuming you're wanting to sell the Hondata but good luck, because Crome isn't a secret anymore - but some do prefer Hondata over it).

If you're wanting to get tuned, why not just get the Hondata tuned? I imagine there is a reason you have it to begin with. Elaborate if I didn't answer your question.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by ricedoutaccord
i have a p28 ecu with hondata s200.. i wonna know if i can take it off and chip it.. can it be done ? if not does anyone have a p28 chiped for sale?

thanks
So here's the deal. It's already chipped if it has a Hondata system on it. You're definately going backwards taking the Hondata system off, unless you're going to be using Crome or something. But, if you've already paid for the Hondata setup, the tuning cost will be pretty identical regardless of which tuning program is actually used to tune it. So unless you're trying to get some quick cash by selling it, leave it alone.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:30 PM
ALL ABOUT THE TORQUE

ricedoutaccord has disabled reputation

hondata was in the ecu already and dont know anyone locally i trust to tune it. Was trying to get the crome installed and tuned cause a friend of mine is familiar with it.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:51 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by ricedoutaccord
hondata was in the ecu already and dont know anyone locally i trust to tune it. Was trying to get the crome installed and tuned cause a friend of mine is familiar with it.
O I C. Id think youd get more money by selling the ecu with hondata on it, then buy a new ecu.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The modifications for either program (Hondata or Crome) are identical except for one extra thing. There is a connector inside that connects to the Hondata box/board. The reason for this difference is that the Hondata box/board primarily functions like a copyright key, or "dongle" as it is sometimes known. You have to have that in place to use a chip made with the Hondata software.

So you can just take off the Hondata box/board and get it tuned with Crome. So it's really up to you, you can either sell the whole ECU as is, and then buy another ECU and get that chipped, or you can just sell the Hondata setup and use the same ECU for Crome.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:11 PM
before you were here

caeavesRSX-S has disabled reputation

sell the ecu with a trade for a stock p28, that would net you tuning money right there.