Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hondata or what?

Old 10-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Crv-tec ??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK
Default Hondata or what?

OK so ive got almost all the parts i need to do my b20vtec set up. I bought a p28 from a guy on here. I need to know what kind of management is best. I know hondata is the most expensive but you get what you pay for. Power goals arent crazy but i want what ever is best for a daily driver (this is going to be my everyday car). So what do you guys reccomend?

Right now I have a b20b bottom end with a obd1 gsr head. The head is P+P, with type r cams, b16 camgears, skunk2 IM, skunk2 proworks valve train, and MSD spark.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:34 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Hondata or what?

It's not the program so much, it's who tunes it.

I like Crome, but if I were to pay for something, it'd be Hondata. Baised soley only on the people who tune the stuff around me.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Runnin13s is on a distinguished road

well aem is the most expensive and obviously for areason.. but i have yet to hear anything bad about crome.. and i have seen many good results from it. but like stated above its all going to be about the tuning. also its a free program. so thats def. what i would go with.. unless you want to spend moeny on something then i would go with AEM
Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Crv-tec ??

BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK

What all do i need to do with crome? Who all tunes it and is it completely free?

Ive been told to stay away from the aem engine mang becauce its very unpredictible.... ?? I dont know
Old 10-24-2006, 12:00 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

I'm running CROME ($175 including chipped vtec ecu @ www.phearable.net)

sohc_mshue is going to tune it ( street tune $150 , $300+ dyno tuned)
Old 10-24-2006, 01:54 PM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

sohc_mshue is a good guy.

A street tune is really all you need to start out with, maybe dyno later. yes crome is free, unless you want datalogging. but if you're not going to tune it yourself, don't worry about that.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by kyle h.
sohc_mshue is a good guy.

A street tune is really all you need to start out with, maybe dyno later. yes crome is free, unless you want datalogging. but if you're not going to tune it yourself, don't worry about that.
Thanks Kyle
Old 10-24-2006, 03:38 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Runnin13s
well aem is the most expensive and obviously for areason.. but i have yet to hear anything bad about crome.. and i have seen many good results from it. but like stated above its all going to be about the tuning. also its a free program. so thats def. what i would go with.. unless you want to spend moeny on something then i would go with AEM
FYI: AEM isn't the most expensive, and it's not necassarily the best either. Easier for the average joe to use, yes.

PS. Got english?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:45 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by XratedSi
FYI: AEM isn't the most expensive, and it's not necassarily the best either. Easier for the average joe to use, yes.

PS. Got english?
Whats more expensive?

And no offense to the orignal poster, but I wouldn't pay more than 500 bucks for tuning software to run 13s.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

AEM doesn't make a very $$ setup as far as standalones go. I can name a lot of other standalones that cost many times more than AEMs do, but that's beside the point.

For the amount of tuning you need to do with your setup, which isn't much compared to a lot of things, you don't need the flexibility of a AEM setup. The freeware programs or Hondata will work fine. If you want good support, Hondata is the way to go. If you want to save money, and don't need the high level of software sophistication, the freeware is a good choice. It all comes down to tuning though.

Quick Reply: Hondata or what?