Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

building stock vx and cant get info on the stock intake

Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chris_marsho has disabled reputation
Default building stock vx and cant get info on the stock intake

just started building my first civic. learning a lot but still know shit .i bought a d15z1 block w/ p07 head and here is the problem. it came w/ a different intake and throttle body, casting # is p08 hf-2 . cant find any info on the thing but its not the original . looks to be about 64mm . what im looking for is 40mm vx oringinal intake and throttle body . if any one knows of a good link to find part #s or casting #s for different civic stuff it would save me some headaches .also was wondering what the po8 is and whats it is out of .i just got the used wiring harness from a vx from washington state, the salvage place said it was from a fed. model but it has a 4 wire o2 sensor plug and i need the 5wire . well should i drive 4k miles and kick his ass or is easier to run a 5th wire to ecu. whats involved w/ running a new wire and prong

here are the parts ive bought so far let me know if f'kn up

92 cx shell
d15z1 motor w/p07-1 head , p08 hf-2intake and throttle body
s20 cx tran
vx wiring harness w/ missing map sensor plug only 3 cut wires and 4 prong o2 sensor

looking for p07 ecu
looking for egr control box 92-95 vx

and another trip to the seven junk circles of hell for every clip, mount and bracket known to man

but its good to be turning a wrench

thanks for any input

yes i know ill be goin 0-60 in 13 min flat