Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

boosting problems

Old 07-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Justa lil 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough
Default boosting problems

ok i have a drag gen 3 kit on my 97 ex with a turbonectics deltagate mark 2 wastegate.. i was boosting 4 psi when i first installed the kit. my friend ran my vaccum to my wastegate different and i boosted 8psi for all of 30 mintues. i got off the interstate and i tried to pull out in front of traffic and my car wouldnt boost above 3 psi. you know the noise that a external wastegate makes when it opens, well mine doesnt make ANY noise. i checked all the vaccum lines and my intercooler piping. i was told that my wastegate prolly took a shit. i already ordered a new one. i just wanna make sure that it is the wastegate before i waste my time to change it and it not fix the problem. any suggestion's on why im not boosting above 3 psi???
Old 07-25-2004, 07:31 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye
Default Re: boosting problems

same shit happens to me, i was at 10psi, now wont go past 4, although it pulls like its at 10psi and the sound when i blow off doesnt sound anywhere near 4psi, im thinkin its my gauge...i dunno
Old 07-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Originally Posted by brandon
same shit happens to me, i was at 10psi, now wont go past 4, although it pulls like its at 10psi and the sound when i blow off doesnt sound anywhere near 4psi, im thinkin its my gauge...i dunno
no luck figuring anything out yesturday at yorktown beach?
Old 07-25-2004, 07:54 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

josh said it was probably my wastegate, but...i know its not at 4psi, way too quick for 4psi
Old 07-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

shane , bring it over today if you get a chance , i want to take a look and see if i can help.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PoS hYbRiD
shane , bring it over today if you get a chance , i want to take a look and see if i can help.
hmmm whos shane?
Old 07-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

hahaha , sorry thought you were my boy , but ill still look at it if you want , im in va beach , kempsville
Old 07-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Justa lil 6

haha its cool. i need a new wastegate more then likely