Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

boosting

Old 11-30-2002, 10:22 AM
KIRRA+MUGEN :)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DrkIrny will become famous soon enough
Default boosting

k im going to piece together a turbo. if you guys can tell me everything that i need to get this bitch running then help plz.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:42 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

well first of all you need to buy my garrett t3, then you need to buy my h23 turbo manifold, then you need to buy my h23 downpipe... or a turbo, intercooler, bov, tapped oil pan, wastegate, manifold, downpipe, plumbing, fuel pump, oil lines, couplers for the plumbing. that should be close to it or enough to get you started. ebay is a good place to look. later.

Nick
Old 11-30-2002, 02:57 PM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

I sorta got a thread on this...
Old 11-30-2002, 03:29 PM
KIRRA+MUGEN :)

DrkIrny will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tecnic1
I sorta got a thread on this...
i saw, who knows both of us may be boosting at the same time..zzlude my boy is trying to buy your shit so im not going to consider cuz he does want it. i have a d16 so all i can really get off you is the t3, throw a price i may consider
Old 11-30-2002, 09:29 PM
~

if he ends up not buying all the pieces, i'll give you a price on the t3
Old 11-30-2002, 10:42 PM
aznRay...

yeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

also u can buy my greddy 310cc injectors too. they came off a greddy turbo kit.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:00 AM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

peep this kit I posted this in my thread...I just don't know enough to build a kit, and for reliability, I would prefer to use new pieces.
the DIY piping looks like a pain in the ass, and it includes no fuel mods, but it is all stainless, where as the revhard kit containins some mild steel pieces, and the fuel mods included in most kits are worthless unless you want the lifespan of your engine measured in days...
I've been looking into this pretty hard, and it's real expensive to do right...like $5000 for a good kit, hondata, injectors, 3inch exhaust, oil cooler, radiator, the bare minimum to boost reliable for extended periods of time, and I'm starting to lean back toward high compression NA....toda spec Cs and CTR pistons....but for the amount of power I would gain, i can't beat boost.
That whole "oopsie, there is a hole in my block" deal has me scared though.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:18 PM
holla at ya homies

20psi B18c1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fuck!! 5K for a turbo kit dam thats high....i put together my kit for less than 2K and when i get hondata and tuned ill be under 2500. its all about finding the good deals on turbo parts. You dont have to buy everything brand new..if i had to point one bad part that i have, it would be the piping. i bought piping for a LS instead of a GSR trying to cut corners and its wack..ill redo the piping, but besides that i put together a really good kit that will make more power than a drag kit...especially with my BRAND NEW MOTOR!!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 05:01 PM
~

ebay is a good spot to find manifolds and intercoolers, i wouldnt rely on someone 1000 miles away from you providing a working turbo though. other than that, like bovs, intercoolers and such, id prob trust ebay if the seller has good comments.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:45 PM
holla at ya homies

20psi B18c1 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are going to buy a used turbo, from someone you dont know or trust,lol, always buy thinking that you will have to rebuild the turbo..or just buy one brand new from cheapturbo.com they have free shipping and some hella good prices too.

Also tecnic on the kit you posted...everything in that kit is brand new..the piping is just cutting and thats it..the kit comes with couplings or you get it welded together, the only fuel upgrade you would have to do is get some 440 injectors to run with the hondata..thats the best price ive seen on a brand new turbo kit with hondata 2700+240 for injectors+about 400 bucks for dyno time..and you are still under 3500 for a boosted C5 and a fully tuned hondata. you can always add the 3inch exhaust later.and you dont need a bigger radiator.

Last edited by 20psi B18c1; 12-01-2002 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: boosting