Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Boost Leak MK4 1.8t

Old 01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
green box is back!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud of
Default Boost Leak MK4 1.8t

Ok so i got the car scanned and all codes lead to a boost leak. I know there are ways to do a pressure test with an air compressor to put posative pressure inside the hoses. And the motor is not running so it is easy to hear. But are there any other ways to test for this? Or will someone be willing to let me use their compressor to do this? I will throw some beer/money, their way for the help.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:45 PM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo
Default Re: Boost Leak MK4 1.8t

take the line vacuum line to your wastgate and blow in it. My diaghram went bad in mine and caused a boost leak. try that. if you can blow through it, its dead. if you cant, then its fine.

also cheack your charge pipes and all your vacuum lines for holes.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:08 PM
zukake

F2Tzoomzoom has disabled reputation

what kinda mods do you have done if any?

pressure test from the turbo inlet onward.... best way to go, if you have a boost leak
Old 01-11-2007, 09:34 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

If you were closer, I'd check it out for you.

Have you done any mods?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:12 PM
green box is back!

DonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud of

Yes I have a Baileys DV, APR 93-100 oct tune. Exhaust, intake. Little things for now.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:17 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Do you have a boost/vaccum gauge to monitor?

If so, what happens? Do you spike and it falls off fast? Is your vaccum significantly off at an idle or under no load/boost?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:24 PM
green box is back!

I also have ordered a N75j valve, tryin to help even out the boost.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:31 PM
wub wub wub wub

Bleh on the n75j..

So what is happening though? lol.. With the APR software, you're going to spike, then you're going to hold at a lower level of boost. That doesn't mean you're experiencing a boost leak. Can you be more specific as to what's happening?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:32 PM
green box is back!

sent you a PM Zero Cool
Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
green box is back!

Well the N75j is what is reccomended with apr. And I understand the boost is going to spike. But the car will just randomly shut off. Scanned with Vag-Com and got some codes and the guy who scanned the comp told me that the codes he saw were the same codes that he got when he had a boost leak.

Quick Reply: Boost Leak MK4 1.8t