Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

blown head gasket????

Old 01-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Currently N/A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: blown head gasket????

Oh you put a new head gasket on. Good man.

The only way for coolant to get into the combustion chamber is from the coolant jackets (blown/bad head gasket) or if you hook up your iacv coolant lines to the wrong place and it's putting coolant into the intake manifold. I've seen people do this on a couple of occasions. Make sure yours are in the right place if you're confident with the head gasket.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

couple questions?
-what has a white milky texture to it? the oil or coolant?
-what do you mean you couldnt get the belt to tighten but after trying to start it, finally got it to tighten?
-Did you change spark plugs this last time to new ones?
-what order are you spark plug wires in?
it should be #1 closest to the cam gears and #4 closest to the distributer and the order on the cap is
3 4
1 2
Old 01-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

b16efhatch has disabled reputation

ok, first I rebuilt the whole motor replacing everything internal so when I stated everything was torqued properly I meant evrything. the next thing the oil was milky the spark plugs are brand new NGK's and they are in the proper order. As far as the timing belt I pushed the tensioner down and tightend the 14mm bolt at the same time. When I was done the belt was still lose so I repeated this three times and still the same thing so I slightly loosened the bolt and cranked the motor 4 or 5 times and it finally tightened by itself. Now it runs but it is extremely rough and the exhaust smells extremely lean, and after about 10 seconds the check engine light comes on and shoots a MAP sensor code.

where on the throttle boby is the MAP sensor top or back because there is no sensor on the top, no holes for the sensor aqnd there are no plugs that arent connected
Old 01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Currently N/A

The MAP sensor should be mounted on the firewall in that car. It's a small black box with a 3-pin electrical connecter and one vacuum line attached to it. It should say on it "Sensor Assy. MAP" and some other bs. If my memory is correct, you shouldn't have had to mess with it in that car to perform the swap. Just make sure it's hooked up. Definately sounds like a MAP issue at this point.

Could also be that the engine is not timed correctly. Check the alignment of the cams with the crankshaft. I'm sure you know how to do this properly if you put the timing belt on.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

where on the firewall is it because I didnt see one unless it is kinda cylinder lookin(although that would be a good reason why I didnt have to unplug it when I performed the swap, that could also explain why the other motor stopped working).
Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

ok, so I replaced the head gasket again and it runs but it is still rough, a buddy told me that it was a vaccum problem and I have no clue about it. I was wondering if anyone might want to give a hand please let me know.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm worse drugged

esohsee has disabled reputation

is there coolant mixing with your oil still? did you have the head checked for straightness/ valve job? and what are you adjusting your valves to?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

no the oil is not still mixing, the head has been checked, but I didnt do a valve job and havent adjusted the valves
Old 01-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Currently N/A

Yeah your map sensor should be right next to the cylinder looking thing as long as it hasn't been altered. Should all be held together by some sort of bracket. I'd be happy to take a look at it for you, but of course I'm on the other side of the water. Next time I'm over there though I'll let you know.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

i really appreciate it

Quick Reply: blown head gasket????