Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

blow off valve problem...

Old 04-29-2005, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC5R is an unknown quantity at this point
Default blow off valve problem...

i just need some input with my problem....i have a hks ssq blowoff valve and fo some reason it sputters and no longer whistles( this may sound funny to others but i think its pretty serious!). anyways, ive adjusted the screw behind the spring and played around witht the differrent settings.. and it still sputters...it usually whistles under high boost. but its been shitty lately. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:23 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts
Default Re: blow off valve problem...

does it usually whistle during or after high boost? I don't think it's supposed to whistle while you actually ARE boosting..

is it backsurging, or are you just pissed 'cause it's not loud?
Old 04-29-2005, 04:44 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

sounds like it may be leaking... but i've never heard of an hks ssq leaking. now i'm not expert but here's my .02- there may be another leak somewhere else in the intake tract. this would explain the bov being quieter, and also the whistle under boost. as far as i know, a good bov should be transparent under boost- it shouldn't be whistling at all until the throttle is shut because any air going through the bov would be NOT going to the manifold, which would indicate a boost leak. it could be as simple as checking all your hoses and tightening clamps.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

try loosening the bov a bit. you may have tightened it too much, i had the same problem with my sard for a while. sometimes the most simple solution works :T
Old 04-30-2005, 06:58 AM

the first thing i checked are the vacuum lines...it used to work fine before i changed these lines. im taking it apart today to check all the clamps and hoses.

Originally Posted by spic
does it usually whistle during or after high boost? I don't think it's supposed to whistle while you actually ARE boosting..

is it backsurging, or are you just pissed 'cause it's not loud?
its not that...the car lags while shifting. i get full boost but it sounds like the excess pressure goes nowhere.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Argh, it worked before you changed the vac lines, and THEN you started messing with the BOV? Shoulda checked the lines first.. No biggie though, BOV adjustment isn't rocket science to get back to where you were.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:19 PM

the funny thing is vacuum lines worked, there is no boost leak(took out all the pipes, checked couplers and put back together) and the bov still doesnt work...and the good part is the t-fitting for my oil pressure gauge and oil line came off while i was driving...oh wha fun!