Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Battery Question

Old 12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default Battery Question

can a car battery Freeze!? My car has been just fine since I had my electrical prob n I just hoppd in it to go to the store, turnd the key n absolutely nothing happend. My car hasnt given me any kinda probs whatso ever till 2mins ago....n I have skool in tha morning.

ITT Norfolk

Last edited by CarShowz; 12-06-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:42 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Battery Question

My pohone says its 27degrees outside!!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 PM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts

Did you check to see how much voltage its putting out?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

LOL, not in these temperatures dude. However, cold will finish off an already bad battery. Especially cold that comes on as quickly as this did. Get a jump in the morning, don't shut off the car until you get to school. After school go buy a battery.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

First, you're a pussy. 27 degrees isn't cold.

If it's cold out, and your battery is pretty much worthless, it may not crank the engine at all. Cold slows down the chemical reaction that produces electricity, and a damaged/drained battery that's already on it's last leg will perform even worse when it's cold out. So you might just need a new battery. This all assumes that there is nothing wrong with the electrical system, etc., and you didn't do something like leave your headlights on last night and knock the battery flat.

I have an Optima and it cranks my WRX at -20degF (that's negative, as in below zero) without any problems. Doesn't crank particularly fast, but it cranks. Feeling the snot freeze in your nose when you breathe..not very pleasant.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Learning that Fabrik8 drives a mere WRX has just ruined my life.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Learning that Fabrik8 drives a mere WRX has just ruined my life.

We actually get snow here. The WRX was a common sense purchase when I decided to move to the Rockies to go back to school.

Too bad about the altitude and the power loss though.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:59 AM
ATGATT

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
We actually get snow here. The WRX was a common sense purchase when I decided to move to the Rockies to go back to school.

Too bad about the altitude and the power loss though.
NO! You are Fabrik8! When it snows you should just get into your Icelandic Hillclimber. And power loss shouldn't be a factor because it weighs 1000lbs and has 800 horsepower.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by marlinspike
NO! You are Fabrik8! When it snows you should just get into your Icelandic Hillclimber. And power loss shouldn't be a factor because it weighs 1000lbs and has 800 horsepower.
And holes for my Viking helmet.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:20 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
And holes for my Viking helmet.
Spoiler

Quick Reply: Battery Question