Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

battery problem

Old 10-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy
Default battery problem

My 97 civic is having a charging or battery problem. IT had not been grounded right for about a month and i had been push starting it and it was running ok with no battery light showing but i couldnt use my soundsystem (subs) but so much or they would cut out...The car was fine after regrounding it to the proper spots but the next day the battery light started to come on ...If i revved it up one good time it would cut out and stay off but each time i started the car it became increasingly harder to get to go away...now it wont and my car ran completely out of power and sputtered to a stop...with a charge box it starts and runs fine then after you take the box off even just the window going up will take all the power away and cut it off. I was told it was my alternator if i took the battery out while it was running and it cuts off..My car did that exactly but i want to be sure its the alternator before replacing it seeing as i had just got this one almost new about 2 months ago.....

Thank you all input will be appreciated
Old 10-04-2010, 07:47 AM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: battery problem

Take sadi alternator to Advance Auto, Pep Boys, or Autozone. They test it for free. Sounds like its bad to me though.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:04 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Replace both the battery and the alternator and be done with it
Old 10-04-2010, 11:23 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Originally Posted by Donkey-Punch
Replace both the battery and the alternator and be done with it
sound advise there
Old 10-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy

its fixed now it was the alternator...i knew it shouldnt be my battery i had just bought it and was a yellow top
Old 10-05-2010, 08:23 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

FYI, Taking the battery out while the car is running will make it cut off regardless if the alt is bad or not... Unless its carb'd.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by FObangah
FYI, Taking the battery out while the car is running will make it cut off regardless if the alt is bad or not... Unless its carb'd.
I'd love to hear why.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:05 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

hahahahahahahahahaha yer dumb
Old 10-05-2010, 01:29 PM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts

I suggest shutting up unless you know what you are talking about. Do explain.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
management

my guess is the electrical current flowing through the cables will ground themselves out vis a vis you and thus causing the car and you to stop. permanently. do your homework bros.

Quick Reply: battery problem