Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B20B into a 94 TEG....

Old 12-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T-Hybrid#2 has disabled reputation
Question B20B into a 94 TEG....

o.k im thinking of a B20B crv swap into my 94teg ls...
1) will it bolt up using the same engine mounts??
2)will i need to use teg or crv shift linkage??
3)will ecu plug up to teg???(any wiring harness work needed?)

please give any info ...thankz
t---- hybrid
Old 12-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

http://www.hondaswap.com/swap/viewer.php?id=55

please read everything
Old 12-29-2003, 06:49 PM
Back in!!

xexjh09 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a B20b in my 95 teg... The only difference is 40 more lbs of tourqe... You can't use the likage because It comes out of a crv. That has 4wd and it is an automatic. All you have to do Is bolt your tranny on to the b20 and you are set.. All wiring is the same it will plug right into your car. Engine mount are also the same. The only difference is the bore is bigger THATS IT!!!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:51 PM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

fuck all that...boost the LS
Old 12-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Back in!!

xexjh09 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you got the money boost the B20...
Old 12-30-2003, 05:53 AM
Registered member

T-Hybrid#2 has disabled reputation

thankz for all the info.......
Old 12-30-2003, 05:56 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

i think you have to use a ls intake manifold to but im not sure, i know you have to in a hatch
Old 12-30-2003, 05:57 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by xexjh09
I have a B20b in my 95 teg... The only difference is 40 more lbs of tourqe... You can't use the likage because It comes out of a crv. That has 4wd and it is an automatic. All you have to do Is bolt your tranny on to the b20 and you are set.. All wiring is the same it will plug right into your car. Engine mount are also the same. The only difference is the bore is bigger THATS IT!!!
You are wrong.

You will need to swap the intake manifold since the CRV uses the tall "stack" style intake. To make it easy, just swap te complete intake manifold with T.B. and all sensors from your LS motor. You will need to use your LS distributor as well. Don't forget to swap the LS engine harness to the B20b as well. That is about it. All of the mounts should be the same and will bolt right into your chassis.

You also will not be gaing 40 more ft/lbs. More like 10-15 ft/lbs. And "boosting" a stock B20 block is not the greatest idea in my opnion.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:57 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally posted by xexjh09
wouldnt the bigger bore save him in the long run. so it would seem better to me..even though i heard the b20 walls are thin and suck
Old 12-30-2003, 08:09 AM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by EEK
wouldnt the bigger bore save him in the long run. so it would seem better to me..even though i heard the b20 walls are thin and suck
B20 cylinder walls are thinner it is a bored out LS is what it boils down to. 10psi on a stock B20 is perfectly fine anything else i would get it sleeved and you will never have a problem with it

Quick Reply: B20B into a 94 TEG....