Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B20/VTEC Header Suggestions?

Old 02-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ioxus Ioxus Ioxus Ioxus Ioxus Ioxus Ioxus Ioxus Ioxus Ioxus Ioxus
Default B20/VTEC Header Suggestions?

I was wondering af any of you are running a B20/VTEC in your cars and if so what header you are using? Are you happy with it? If you had it to do over again, would you go with something different?

I'm getting ready to put my B20/VTEC swap (B20B bottom end, ITR head) into my CRX and I'm having a hard time sorting out what to do for a header short of go with something custom from HyTech or SPSP. To be honest I'm hesitant to drop $1200 or more on a brand new header. That's close to what I paid for the car, but I haven't totally ruled that option out.

I was hoping to get some suggestions/insight from people already running the swap or who are familiar with it. Thanks!

edit - grammar/spelling pwns me!

Last edited by Ioxus; 02-15-2008 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:08 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation
Default Re: B20/VTEC Header Suggestions?

Well, your not going to find a better header than those two. Dave (smsp) is going to do mine when ever I get off my ass and finish my build.
I must warn you though...a big header + a B swap + 1.5" or greater drop on a CRX/4th gen civic = crushed headers. So my advice would to have Dave build a custom B19 set to fit above the oil pan.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

I am certainly thiking about a custom header, but I'm wondering about the gains for my relatively mild application vs. something like a DC Sports Header. An SMSP would certainly be dope though, and is definitely on my list to consider.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Ioxus
I am certainly thiking about a custom header, but I'm wondering about the gains for my relatively mild application vs. something like a DC Sports Header. An SMSP would certainly be dope though, and is definitely on my list to consider.
dc sports headers are garbage. imo
Old 02-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

You could buy the Hytech replicas they sell on HT for $400 they say they make good gains. Also I believe someone is selling a used hytech header for $500 on here.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JDMrice07
You could buy the Hytech replicas they sell on HT for $400 they say they make good gains. Also I believe someone is selling a used hytech header for $500 on here.
I'm thinking that to run one of those you need a modified cross-member on an EF. I'll have to look into that...
Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

I'm thinking that to run one of those you need a modified cross-member on an EF. I'll have to look into that...
Search HT Marketplace for "Hytech Replica" a thread will show up. The guy selling them has pics of ground clearance on the EF chassis, and it wasn't bad at all. Like I said just search HondaTech marketplace. God I sound like a spokesperson for that dude.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:55 AM
B.E.T.P.

hatchblack has disabled reputation

i think you can cut out part of it to fit or get an aftermarket one for the hytech replicas... but they are nice. make sure you get a big tube header to get the most
Old 02-15-2008, 12:35 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

I have a Hytech Replica on mine,(93 civic hatch). Fitment wise, yes it sits a little lower then the ITR header i had. Have not had a chance to take it out due to me waiting on my omnipower 2.5" testpipe. Cant wait to actually see if there is a difference between the two. Either way i would go with either one of the choices you have talked about.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Anything that hangs down lower than a ITR header in a 4 gen WILL get damaged.

Quick Reply: B20/VTEC Header Suggestions?