Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B18C5 Positives/Negatives?

Old 09-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Got Ink?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond repute
Default B18C5 Positives/Negatives?

Ive got a 2000 JDM Type R B18C5 swap into my
92 Integra GS-R.
Anything specific i should look out for with this motor?
Also, should i keep it NA or throw on the supercharger i have
for it?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned

boots is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B18C5 Positives/Negatives?

id keep it na and sell me the supercharger but for real, its a very stout motor and handles a lot of abuse, i wouldnt supercharge it just because it sounds like your motor was built for na with the compression at 11:1, stock for that motor is 10.6:1
Old 09-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

If you treat like a dirty whore make sure you keep up on maintenance. Otherwise, have at it.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:31 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

yea i dont think i'd force induce a type r motor because of the high compression
Old 09-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Registered Member

Rickysd is an unknown quantity at this point

although i have seen a very fast 400 plus teg type r t3/t4 you all wouldnt use force induction but if you can do it. if your 11:1 bring it down b4 you blow it up. if you choose forced induction. lets just say all motor has its limits.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:30 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

keep it n/a. N/a on hondas is the way to go. If it aint boosted from the factory don't boost it!

Anyways you have a lot of upgrades you can do to that motor. This is why-me's old set up right? The white one with the type r?

That car has a completly stock type r motor (bolt-on's whise) You can get plenty more power out of that motor with just semple crap. Get a header and some cams and some gears and shit like that. Get hondata, injectors, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Don't boost that motor it has seen some high ass rpms. Sell the super charger and use that money towards performance.

Last edited by Cpt. Non-Spell; 09-16-2006 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Banned

boots is an unknown quantity at this point

oh and i forgot, if its a b18c5, its not jdm
Old 09-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Got Ink?

SlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uh_Dave
keep it n/a. N/a on hondas is the way to go. If it aint boosted from the factory don't boost it!

Anyways you have a lot of upgrades you can do to that motor. This is why-me's old set up right? The white one with the type r?

That car has a completly stock type r motor (bolt-on's whise) You can get plenty more power out of that motor with just semple crap. Get a header and some cams and some gears and shit like that. Get hondata, injectors, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Don't boost that motor it has seen some high ass rpms. Sell the super charger and use that money towards performance.
Yes it is why-me's old car, no its not stock, already has bolt ons, cams, port and polish, hondata, blah, blah, blah. Not sure about EVERYTHING it has, ill have to look through all the receipts.

My bad, it's not a B18C5- it's the B18C.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:16 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

That car has a completly stock type r motor (bolt-on's whise) You can get plenty more power out of that motor with just semple crap. Get a header and some cams and some gears and like that. Get hondata, injectors, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Hondas boost!

I have a DC Sports JDM ITR 4-1 header

Which ever way you go, TUNE!

Originally Posted by MCJDMTR
Yes it is why-me's old car, no its not stock, already has bolt ons, cams, port and polish, hondata, blah, blah, blah. Not sure about EVERYTHING it has, ill have to look through all the receipts.

My bad, it's not a B18C5- it's the B18C.
What are the stamps on the head, intake manifold?
Old 09-17-2006, 07:16 AM
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR

If everyone thought like that we would still have slow cars.

Quick Reply: B18C5 Positives/Negatives?