VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   B18C5 Positives/Negatives? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/b18c5-positives-negatives-156097/)

SlowKOUKI 09-14-2006 05:28 PM

B18C5 Positives/Negatives?

Ive got a 2000 JDM Type R B18C5 swap into my
92 Integra GS-R.
Anything specific i should look out for with this motor?
Also, should i keep it NA or throw on the supercharger i have
for it?

boots 09-14-2006 05:54 PM

Re: B18C5 Positives/Negatives?

id keep it na and sell me the supercharger:D but for real, its a very stout motor and handles a lot of abuse, i wouldnt supercharge it just because it sounds like your motor was built for na with the compression at 11:1, stock for that motor is 10.6:1

MA-HALF-E 09-14-2006 06:19 PM

If you treat like a dirty whore make sure you keep up on maintenance. Otherwise, have at it.

atmdc 09-15-2006 11:31 PM

yea i dont think i'd force induce a type r motor because of the high compression

Rickysd 09-16-2006 04:00 AM

although i have seen a very fast 400 plus teg type r t3/t4 you all wouldnt use force induction but if you can do it. if your 11:1 bring it down b4 you blow it up. if you choose forced induction. lets just say all motor has its limits.

Cpt. Non-Spell 09-16-2006 04:30 AM

keep it n/a. N/a on hondas is the way to go. If it aint boosted from the factory don't boost it!

Anyways you have a lot of upgrades you can do to that motor. This is why-me's old set up right? The white one with the type r?

That car has a completly stock type r motor (bolt-on's whise) You can get plenty more power out of that motor with just semple crap. Get a header and some cams and some gears and shit like that. Get hondata, injectors, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Don't boost that motor it has seen some high ass rpms. Sell the super charger and use that money towards performance.

boots 09-16-2006 06:32 AM

oh and i forgot, if its a b18c5, its not jdm

SlowKOUKI 09-16-2006 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Uh_Dave (Post 2480192)
keep it n/a. N/a on hondas is the way to go. If it aint boosted from the factory don't boost it!

Anyways you have a lot of upgrades you can do to that motor. This is why-me's old set up right? The white one with the type r?

That car has a completly stock type r motor (bolt-on's whise) You can get plenty more power out of that motor with just semple crap. Get a header and some cams and some gears and shit like that. Get hondata, injectors, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Don't boost that motor it has seen some high ass rpms. Sell the super charger and use that money towards performance.

Yes it is why-me's old car, no its not stock, already has bolt ons, cams, port and polish, hondata, blah, blah, blah. Not sure about EVERYTHING it has, ill have to look through all the receipts.

My bad, it's not a B18C5- it's the B18C.

Enigma 09-16-2006 10:16 AM

That car has a completly stock type r motor (bolt-on's whise) You can get plenty more power out of that motor with just semple crap. Get a header and some cams and some gears and like that. Get hondata, injectors, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

Hondas :love: boost!

I have a DC Sports JDM ITR 4-1 header :thup:

Which ever way you go, TUNE!

Originally Posted by MCJDMTR (Post 2480492)
Yes it is why-me's old car, no its not stock, already has bolt ons, cams, port and polish, hondata, blah, blah, blah. Not sure about EVERYTHING it has, ill have to look through all the receipts.

My bad, it's not a B18C5- it's the B18C.

What are the stamps on the head, intake manifold?

ZeroMR 09-17-2006 07:16 AM

If everyone thought like that we would still have slow cars.