Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B18b ls/rs V-Tech Boost

Old 02-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CRXGen2
Thx. Ya ive been reading alot about F/I. and how the turbine works in conjunction with the engines exhaust and then the compression of air into the engine. air/fuel ratios arent really the big problem, I am an A student in ap chem, all i cant really yet understand is the compression that a motor can take with the pistons and how it changes with which pistons and the max the motor can then take along with the min. Then i dont know which turbo to use and what piping to use.
The turbo issue of super street 2002 with the gold supra on front .......8 stupid questions about turbo's ........Pretty much tells ya what questions to ask so no-one asks you a question about your question......(NOT A SUPER STREET FAN)
Old 02-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by trip
You are probably going to want to go with the LS block and not the GSR(b18c1) block with the b16 head. I think that LS is b18a1 (or b18b maybe????)
The B18b is just a 94 up LS the B18a is the same head and block just some better cams and shit like that, ten more Whp in the B18b vs.B18a.......JMO
Old 02-11-2003, 01:55 PM
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s
Default Re: b18b

Originally posted by CRXGen2
ya its a b18b for the ls...but would it be better to boost on a built b18b with a b16 vtec head then a built b18c1 built? which will give the lower compression for the higher psi from a turbo/twin?
it really depends on what the b18c1 was built for. i mean yousa y built, but is it built for high compression or low compression. before you buy it, you got make sure what the original intent that the previous owner built it up for, ya know? stock for stock... a b18b has lower compression and is better for boosting.