Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16a turbo help

Old 12-29-2006, 02:20 PM
turbo on 2 wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern Vern
Default b16a turbo help

well i just got done putting the turbo on my car, and i took it out for a test drive and when the car hits about 5-6k the car falls flat, like a fuel cut or something, but i have hondata s300 tuned for 7psi with rc 550s for a b16a it was just on another car when i bought it, i just wanna know why it keeps cutting off around those rpms.... any help would be awesome, thanks.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:23 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: b16a turbo help

did the other car that used the hondata have 550's? Either way, just because it worked on another car doesn't mean it will work on yours.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:24 PM
turbo on 2 wheels

the other car had the exact same set-up i have on my car now, it was even a jdm b16a....
Old 12-29-2006, 02:47 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Well, my guess is that you are either running rich, or you have a wastegate problem. Check your plugs, tell us what they look like.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:43 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

is your ignition timing and cam timing set the same ? did you happen to have the timing on your car before different than the previous similar car before you put the turbo kit on ? sounds like not enough timing has been pulled to me. ive been down that road before, check your plugs, make sure your not detonating and pull some timing. hondata may already have that done but if your distributor cap is in a different spot than the other car that could be the entire problem right there. could have too much timing pulled or you could be god forbid advanced to far which would do nothing but cause detonation and stuttering.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

how many pound of boost are you running? You do have a upgraded fuel pump? Do you have a datalog you could post? What is your base ignition timing?
Old 12-30-2006, 09:50 AM
turbo on 2 wheels

well i took my boost contoller off cuz i have no idea how to work it or set it up, and let it run off the 7lb spring in the wastegate and the car runs fine now, no hesitating or anything, i just let the wastegate vent in the air and seems to run fine now....