Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16a idle issue

Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: B16a idle issue

Thread title changed. Spelling was killing me...
Old 05-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Registered member

clutchn has disabled reputation

first off what o2 sensor do i need for this motor if anyone can tell me, i know the hole in the IM is where the iacv goes but does anyone know what exact one i need? i have a type r IM, also what is a good setup for spark plug wires, NGK? and for the pics of the IM to tell me whats wired wrong wwith the vaccume lines...

Old 05-17-2011, 01:37 PM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Do you have a Pcv valve?
Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 PM
breath

tucker5129 tucker5129 tucker5129 tucker5129

where is ur crank case venting to?? and there is a IACV on it. make sure it plugged in and burp the coolent system. also bump ur idol up to 900-1000rpm
Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Registered member

No, now that i looked into it, i might have it backwards. i need the pcv valve, that will eliminate the line in the front, now what about the little line on the back of it, and also when i go to put the pcv valve in, the holes mad dirty and clogged, should i pull the IM and clean that bitch?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Op,

For the plugs and wires I would run NGK and only NGK. Now if you are refering to the small vaccume line that is on the back of the intake manifold it should go into another sensor. I cannot think of the name, but use this diagram.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...E+BODY+%282%29

This might help with the other coolent lines that run to the IACV http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...R+HOSE+%282%29

For the 02 sensor I assume that the header that you are using has the bung in the back near the CAT. You will have to extend the 02 wires to reach the 02. You can use a 02 sensor from a civic as long as it is a 4 wire 02.

Last edited by wright; 05-18-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Originally Posted by clutchn
No, now that i looked into it, i might have it backwards. i need the pcv valve, that will eliminate the line in the front, now what about the little line on the back of it, and also when i go to put the pcv valve in, the holes mad dirty and clogged, should i pull the IM and clean that bitch?
Not nessecary to clean the PVC valve hole.. Just attach the hose coming off the front of your IM to the PVC.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by wright
Op,

For the plugs and wires I would run NGK and only NGK. Now if you are refering to the small vaccume line that is on the back of the intake manifold it should go into another sensor. I cannot think of the name, but use this diagram.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...E+BODY+%282%29

This might help with the other coolent lines that run to the IACV http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...R+HOSE+%282%29

For the 02 sensor I assume that the header that you are using has the bung in the back near the CAT. You will have to extend the 02 wires to reach the 02. You can use a 02 sensor from a civic as long as it is a 4 wire 02.
Thanks man that's a lot of help! Yeah I need to get all that shit! Thanks a lot man.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 AM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
Not nessecary to clean the PVC valve hole.. Just attach the hose coming off the front of your IM to the PVC.
I guess you learn new things everyday... even though stuck pcv valves cause problems too. Best thing is to either have one or not, if you do make sure it works properly and if you don't then you need to vent crank case pressure(catch can setup).

The coolant lines going to the TB and EIACV(the E stands for electronic) are for if you are in extremely cold conditions where the throttle plate/valve might freeze. You don't NEED them but it wont hurt anything if you don't(IMO its just extra heat for the IM), check for 12v at the yellow/black wire on the EICV plug and the blue/black wire is the "signal" wire for the ecu make sure it has continuity from the plug to the ecu plug. You should also take it off and clean it using brake cleaner or something to clean the carbon from the inside. And make the only cel you have is for the O2.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple

Well how much time inbetween is it when the idle jumps up and down? Mine does the same thing when my fans kick on or when the a/c compressor kicks on. And also if all of that stuff isnt hooked up or whatever, then why do you have a question about how it's idling? The iacv has A LOT to do with how it idles. Just cleaned mine and my shit idles like a champ.

Quick Reply: B16a idle issue