Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16a idle issue

Old 05-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutchn has disabled reputation
Angry B16a idle issue

Whats up guys, i got a quick question. I think i know one of the reasons that im working on fixing but, i have a b16a with b16 trans swapped into my del sol. Its idoling weird as fuck though. I know that the iacv valve in the intake manni isnt hooked up and all the vacume lines are closed off, also i know that the o2 sensor in the exhaust isnt hooked up at all... i know that can be a cause too. It idols like at 800 most of the time like it should but it will randomly drop to about 500 and bounce. orrr it will be at like 1000 and jump to 1300 then fall back down to 1000 then jump back to 1300 over and over again. I thought it was a spark plug issue so i changed them, and one of my wires are a little fucked up. also with the idol it has a tiny backfire when idoling and shit too. any other ideas or anyone have the same problem and know the solution. im already planning on buying a new IM. so lmk thanks (dont hate im not a fucking god so im not sure whats going on)
Old 05-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Registered member

Default Re: B16a idol issue

Come on, help me out guys
Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Old 05-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Registered member

Lots of help
Old 05-17-2011, 06:42 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Originally Posted by clutchn
Whats up guys, i got a quick question. I think i know one of the reasons that im working on fixing but, i have a b16a with b16 trans swapped into my del sol. Its idoling weird as fuck though. I know that the iacv valve in the intake manni isnt hooked up and all the vacume lines are closed off, also i know that the o2 sensor in the exhaust isnt hooked up at all... i know that can be a cause too. It idols like at 800 most of the time like it should but it will randomly drop to about 500 and bounce. orrr it will be at like 1000 and jump to 1300 then fall back down to 1000 then jump back to 1300 over and over again. I thought it was a spark plug issue so i changed them, and one of my wires are a little fucked up. also with the idol it has a tiny backfire when idoling and shit too. any other ideas or anyone have the same problem and know the solution. im already planning on buying a new IM. so lmk thanks (dont hate im not a fucking god so im not sure whats going on)
how about start by fixing the obvious? the IACV (idle air control valve) isnt hooked up, and you have all the vacuum lines closed off..so your motor is starving for air...then you have bad wires, so its not getting the right spark or a/f ratio.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:45 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

lol
Old 05-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered member

yeah I know about the iacv thing. But I'm saying on the swap there are lines that run from the IM thar don't go to anything, those are the ones closed off. And so I need to get wires too. Im new to a swapped car thats why I'm asking.first car with a swapped motor
Old 05-17-2011, 07:25 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

take a picture of your IM/engine bay. i have a feeling that you have stuff either hooked up wrong, or not at all.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

You've really answered your own questions. You have to get the iacv and o2 hooked up. You can't expect the ecu to do it's job if it can't get the info it needs to run the engine. Do those first, then move on to the vaccuum lines. Eliminate the variables one at a time. you'll get it. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

While you're fixing stuff, check the timing.

Quick Reply: B16a idle issue