Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16a edelbrock proformence X turbo

Old 02-05-2005, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedvtec has disabled reputation
Default b16a edelbrock proformence X turbo

to insure that the b16 does not blow up what internals would you suggest changeing for the new edelbrock proformence x turbo kit. I just want to know what things should def be changed to make it perfect, and dont tell me every single thing in the motor im asking for the recommended changes, from someone that has done it and done it right with out going over board.

thank you
Old 02-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Banned

LSturboEH2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: b16a edelbrock proformence X turbo

since that kit only runs 5-6 psi, its fine stock
Old 02-05-2005, 09:00 AM
cibic weetec

GIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LSturboEH2
since that kit only runs 5-6 psi, its fine stock
what he said.
if you want a step up, then get an inline pro head gasket. you can run a little more boost safely that way. a step up from that would be a better fuel system; including injectors, fuel pump, hondata. a step up from that would be getting pistons and rods instead of the head gasket, enabling you to run about 15-16psi safely, provided you get it tuned professionally. yet another step up would be everything i mentioned above, plus sleeves and larger bore pistons, plus head work.

if i were you i would get the head gasket and the fuel setup and get it tuned. it'll be good for 300whp about and be fairly safe.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=GIMMEAN"H"]what he said.
if you want a step up, then get an inline pro head gasket. you can run a little more boost safely that way. a step up from that would be a better fuel system; including injectors, fuel pump, hondata. a step up from that would be getting pistons and rods instead of the head gasket, enabling you to run about 15-16psi safely, provided you get it tuned professionally. yet another step up would be everything i mentioned above, plus sleeves and larger bore pistons, plus head work.

if i were you i would get the head gasket and the fuel setup and get it tuned. it'll be good for 300whp about and be fairly safe.

what should i do if i want to chip it and run it up to 9500 rpms b/c i know there are things that need to be done for that

and thank you the previous info
Old 02-05-2005, 03:19 PM
cibic weetec

GIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond repute

that might be pointless, cause it wont make power all the way to 9k rpms unless you increase the head's flow.
if you get the hondata then they can set it at any rev limit, etc.

you can probably just get away with buying springs and retainers if you really wanna rev that high.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by GIMMEAN"H"
that might be pointless, cause it wont make power all the way to 9k rpms unless you increase the head's flow.
if you get the hondata then they can set it at any rev limit, etc.

you can probably just get away with buying springs and retainers if you really wanna rev that high.
this is a stupid question but what does it mean when it says it has a 7 psi wastegate and to turn the boost up all you need is to install a boost controller and ofcourse make sure the engine is built for higher psi levels
Old 02-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

When you use a boost controller, you can fool the wastegate into thinking that it's operating at 7PSi even though you're running higher boost than that. You're using the boost controller to bleed off some of the boost signal to the wastegate, etc. Sneaky..
You'll also get faster spool with a controller because they generally make the wastegate stay closed until the last minute, instead of gradually opening like the wastegate would do by itself..