Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B Series Motor help

Old 10-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Str8RaceCo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AltimaV687 has disabled reputation
Default B Series Motor help

hey i have 94 integra and i have a b18b1 block with a B20 im not sure what variation head but i bought it from a friend whos leaving for the navy i wanna put either a B18C1 which is the GSR head or B18C5 type r head , i would like to know what all i need to swap the head or any thing extra or any tips you might have for me ? please help Me!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:29 PM
NOt rep'n the g1teg

popwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B Series Motor help

need an ls-vtec conversion kit...from golden eagle

you need to tap and plug the vtec hole on the bottom of the head and drill/tap the back of the head for the extra vtec oil line, you will need a vtec ecu, you need to wire vtec,
but i would recommend getting a gsr/itr water pump
aftermarket head studs (golden eagle or arp)
arp rod bolts and rods conditioned
if you did the rod bolts mine as well get higher compression pistons
and if you do all that and assemble it properly with a tune it should be a pretty reliable setup
and if you have an ls trans i'd recommend getting a gsr or b16 one if you're staying n/a

anything else just ask!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AltimaV687
hey i have 94 integra and i have a b18b1 block with a B20 im not sure what variation head but i bought it from a friend whos leaving for the navy i wanna put either a B18C1 which is the GSR head or B18C5 type r head , i would like to know what all i need to swap the head or any thing extra or any tips you might have for me ? please help Me!!!
Short answer -
Minimum:
Type R water pump.
Type R timing Belt.
LS/VTEC conversion kit (Such as the one from Golden Eagle.)
Addition of wiring into the harness.
Chipped ECU with a TypeR or similar base map.
Tune.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Pm me if you need some help. I have some parts you will need also.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:41 AM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by popwars123
need an ls-vtec conversion kit...from golden eagle

you need to tap and plug the vtec hole on the bottom of the head and drill/tap the back of the head for the extra vtec oil line, you will need a vtec ecu, you need to wire vtec,
but i would recommend getting a gsr/itr water pump
aftermarket head studs (golden eagle or arp)
arp rod bolts and rods conditioned
if you did the rod bolts mine as well get higher compression pistons
and if you do all that and assemble it properly with a tune it should be a pretty reliable setup
and if you have an ls trans i'd recommend getting a gsr or b16 one if you're staying n/a

anything else just ask!
im pretty sure that you dont need to tap the hole for the extra oil line. just heat it up a little and break it loose.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Sw33tSi07 has disabled reputation

i just ran across this post. hopefully this will get me some answers. Im looking to get a b18a1 block, just the block. Now i have a b16a1 in my car now. Im looking to stroke the b18 with a Brian Crower kit to get me to 2.0L, going with 84.5mm pistons with an 11.5:1 ratio. Now if i used my b16 head, water pump and ECU will i be good or will i have to tap any new lines and what not?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Originally Posted by Sw33tSi07
i just ran across this post. hopefully this will get me some answers. Im looking to get a b18a1 block, just the block. Now i have a b16a1 in my car now. Im looking to stroke the b18 with a Brian Crower kit to get me to 2.0L, going with 84.5mm pistons with an 11.5:1 ratio. Now if i used my b16 head, water pump and ECU will i be good or will i have to tap any new lines and what not?
OLD THREAD IS MAD OLD BRUH!!!! Take any questions to TECH TALK!! /thread.