Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B-Series Cable to Hydro conversion question (92 Integra)

Old 01-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Blue, I'm Seein It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu
Default B-Series Cable to Hydro conversion question (92 Integra)

okay, so i bought the billet hasport mounts for my upcoming B18C swap in my 92 Integra. I am wanting to use the Innovative Cable-to-Hydro activator system as I've read many more positive reviews about it. My question is, will the Innovative kit work with the Hasport mounts? I'm not talking about the kit that does the full hydraulic conversion (master/slave cylinder, etc.) but the kit that allows a cable system to still be used as normal, on a hydraulic clutch system.

What is this bracket for, and where does it mount?

does it go in between the transmission and the transmission mount? if so, that is the reason for my question. will it work with the HASport mount kit that I've already purchased? or will I have to go with the Hasport cable-to-hydro kit?

i know what the other one is, and how to mount it, but I'm not familiar with the one highlighted in red.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: B-Series Cable to Hydro conversion question (92 Integra)

The bracket in red locates the end of the cable housing. That bracket mounts to two of the bolts that mate the trans to the block; the bolts are the two big holes along the edge of the case where the slave cylinder mounts.

The notch in the bracket between the two mounting holes is there to clear the reinforcing rib on the trans casing (right above the lower bolt). The C-hole for the cable housing will face toward the block. Take a look at the picture, it should be obvious after that.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 01-29-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Found some pics from Google:

Notice where the bracket is located with respect to where the block and trans mate together.

Notice the big bolt and the notch in the bracket to clear the rib.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 01-29-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Racetracks

I've never used that conversion kit, but it looks like there would be a decent amount of compliance in a few areas. That would make the clutch action feel a little strange as the various parts flex. Hard to say if that would actually happen or not.

Oooh, Hasport conversion looks like it's really well thought out and probably a better design. Hasport gets my vote on this one, just from my quick visual assessment.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 01-29-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu

well, the reason I asked is because that I've read a lot of negative comments about the Hasport kit, but a surprisingly large amount of good stuff about the Innovative setup.

anyone with personal experience between both?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 AM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

Heres a bad a bad review for Innovative, they suck ass. They should stop making mounts and products for the automotive world because their products suck and their customer service is HORRIBLE. But this apparently only seems to be true when you buy axles AND mounts from them, they then royally fuck you. Given it was a kit for a 87 crx B series, still go with Hasport they have better products and customer service is the SHizznit. Ive driven an EF with a Hasport conversion it didn't feel any different than stock. Id trust the Hasport one with my life lol, most people that talk shit about Hasport are 1 to broke to afford their BA shit or 2 the most likely problem they suffer from being a Hater, ya know the kind that gets up bright and early everyday drinks a glass of hateraid and gets to hatin on people.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:23 AM
chpinalthewomensmeat

Buttsechs is a jewel in the roughButtsechs is a jewel in the roughButtsechs is a jewel in the rough

you should be a blogger, guy.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

Hey, it's been quite a bit, but figured I'd give an update.

Swap has been in and running for several months now. I went with Hasport for the mounts, and got the 2nd hardest urethane they offered, so there is a bit of vibration from them, but its nice knowing the engine is sitting still.

I've put about 2,000 miles on it since it's been in, and I've done my fair share of spirited shifting, and the Innovative Cable-to-Hydro kit is still working fine, and has, in every way, felt exactly like stock. The only thing I did after installing was adjusted the clutch cable ONCE because it wasn't engaging at the same pedal location as before, so I adjusted it to get it back to how I've been driving the car for the last 9 years. Took care of that, and the car couldn't be any better.

Soon, I'll be investing in some head work, a good set of cams, and a tune with Hondata s300. I'll be buying it all fairly soon, but not installing until spring, when I have the extra money for the tune.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Racetracks

Why not just wait until spring to buy everything? You'll probably change your mind before then, or the car will get totaled or something like that.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

Mind is pretty well set on what I want to go with. I'm going with a fairly "tried and true" setup that will get me where I want it.

Car won't be totaled... That comment was a bit unnecessary.