Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

automatic conversion...

Old 10-20-2004, 08:00 PM
I drive a coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)
Default automatic conversion...

I know that in order to change an auto tranny to a 5 spd you need the hydro lines, master cylinder, slave cylinder, pedal assembly, shift linkage, shifter, axels, and on a 92-95 civic you need an extra mount. But what do you need to change a 5 speed over to an auto?

I think its the same basic parts such as the cables, the shifter, axles, and the ECU, but I'm not sure. What do I need to change a 5 spd over to an auto?
Thanks,
Old 10-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: automatic conversion...

Why would you want to do that? I'm confused.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Why would you want to do that? I'm confused.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:08 PM

mbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to behold

Its because he has over 1000+ hp and hes burning up clutches 24/7 so he needs the help of automatic sequential joints up in his kah.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:23 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Or because Im boosted, and the auto tranny has longer gear ratios...

I am not doin that crap to my car... But this guy screwed up his 5 spd tranny, and I got an automatic tranny layin around, and I have no idea how to swap it in, or at least I have no experience in doing so...
Old 10-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Banned

xk84f9ds is an unknown quantity at this point

can u have a BOV on a automatic?
Old 10-22-2004, 08:44 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by xk84f9ds
can u have a BOV on a automatic?
.. a better question is why would you NOT be able to have a BOV on a car w/ an auto?