Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Apexi turbo timer issue

Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire
Default Apexi turbo timer issue

Ok, I have a 91 eclipse gsx and I installed the Apexi auto tt (pen style). I bought the HKS dsm plug&play harness (the hks harness works with blitz, greddy, apexi, etc.). And until this morning when I put my other ecu in I couldn't get it to even turn on. Now it turns on and works GREAT when the car is off but the key is in the "on" position. When I start the car... nothing. Turn it back off then key to "on", works great. Its grounded fine, parking brake is hooked up, I even hooked up the damn o2 wire because it has a/f readings on it. Help me out.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Registered member

namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire
Default Re: Apexi turbo timer issue

bump.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:56 AM
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8

isn't it a little cheaper to have someone wire a turbo timer in under the dash in the ignition harness then it is to purchase such a plug and play deal job?
you left out some very important details between "to even turn on. Now it turns on"
sounds like there is an error between the harness and the e.c.u.'s you've been using seems how it works fine one minute then BOOM catastrophic failure.........
Old 11-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by TurboEG8
isn't it a little cheaper to have someone wire a turbo timer in under the dash in the ignition harness then it is to purchase such a plug and play deal job?
you left out some very important details between "to even turn on. Now it turns on"
sounds like there is an error between the harness and the e.c.u.'s you've been using seems how it works fine one minute then BOOM catastrophic failure.........
That's probably what I will be doing later today, is hard-wiring the 3 wires in and removing the harness all together. But as it sits right now, it doesn't turn on anymore at all.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

integrag is an unknown quantity at this point

my friends is wired into the iginition harness and it works fine...you should just do that
Old 11-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by integrag
my friends is wired into the iginition harness and it works fine...you should just do that
Well I was gonna do that, then I pugged my friends blitz fatt dc timer into the same harness i had installed and it worked great all the time. So the timer has to have a loose connection in it or something. It's for sale with a dsm harness for like $30 bucks or something in my talon part-out thread now.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

TurboHonda has disabled reputation

turbo timers are fuckn gay u dont need that shit
Old 11-26-2007, 08:13 PM
RHD S13 Coupe

92s13 92s13 92s13 92s13 92s13 92s13 92s13 92s13 92s13 92s13 92s13

i had a problem with my apexi

red - 12v constant
blue - accessory
green - on

it said to hook them up like that, but i found out when i switched the blue w/ the green mine worked fine, where as befor it didnt.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by 92s13
i had a problem with my apexi

red - 12v constant
blue - accessory
green - on

it said to hook them up like that, but i found out when i switched the blue w/ the green mine worked fine, where as befor it didnt.
That's weird, I've tried everything with it and I know its old so I have given up on it.