Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Altima clutch pedal is acting funny.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Keeping It Real !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer
Default Altima clutch pedal is acting funny.

Alright so i got a 02 nissan altima s , manual and the clutch pedal has been acting funny. Sometimes the clutch pedal would sink almost to the bottom leaving very little space and doesn't return. I am still able to shift without problems even tho it is almost at the bottom. After I make the car sit for a while the clutch pedal gets pressure again and works normal. When you drive it again for a while it starts to act funny again. So its on and off. So I got it looked at:
1) lines aren't leaking
2) master cylinder isn't leaking
3) slave cylinder isn't leaking either ( looked in bad shape tho)
4) i can shift in all cars normal so i doubt its any clutch component .

so we decided to replace the slave cylinder and the inside was dirty. So we filled new oil etc and bled the system etc. Drove the car for a while and the same problems happens again, only this time if i continue to drive it gets back to normal. i don't know if the master cylinder is failing or what the next step should be , if anyone has any advise please let me know. Thanks Raven

PS
i had issues with my integra in the past as well and i replaced the slave cylinder and solved the problem,

Last edited by ravenracer; 06-13-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer
Default Re: Altima clutch pedal is acting funny.

any advise ?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:23 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

sounds like air in the system. did you follow direction in the factory service manual for bleeding? try re-bleeding and then move on to the master cylinder if the problem continues. or check the factory service manual it may have differant suggestions.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Keeping It Real !!

Originally Posted by ChisaiChinChin
sounds like air in the system. did you follow direction in the factory service manual for bleeding? try re-bleeding and then move on to the master cylinder if the problem continues. or check the factory service manual it may have differant suggestions.
its done by shop professionally. I will do the master cylinder again and then see what happens. the scary thing is if its defective it should not recover by itself haha thats the weird thing