Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

all 91mm+ pistons (all cars)

Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond reputeskullzaflare has a reputation beyond repute
Default all 91mm+ pistons (all cars)

im looking at either getting a set of custom dish pistons, or finding another set from another car i can make work
stock mine are 91.1mm x 98mm with 22mm piston pin

i can bore up to 93mm, maybe a little more
looking for something around 92mm, like a sr20/wrx piston, however, i need measurements from said pistons, mainly from center of piston pin to top of piston.
needs to be either flat top, slight dome up, or slight dome down, this is a 8v engine

anyone have any pistons laying around with similar sizing, that can get me that measurement?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright
Default Re: all 91mm+ pistons (all cars)

Call Brian Crower and see if they are willing to help out. Other than that you may want to call a shop that may have stock pistons lying around that may also be willing to provide you what you need.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:36 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You should be able to get something made for you if you just need some geometry tweaks on an off-the-shelf product from one of the aftermarket companies. There's a lot more to pistons than just getting the right cylinder diameter and valve clearance.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Here you go. FYI, the spec you're looking for is the compression height or compression distance, depending on which term the particular company uses.

http://www.manleyperformance.com/sc/..._pistons.shtml