Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Air Conditioner

Old 07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Air Conditioner

My air conditioner is pretty bad. It takes a good 15minutes to get cool and even longer to actually be cold. I've been reading through some archived stuff at nicoclub.com and everything I looked at mentions Freon, pressure witch on a dryer, condensors, R-12 and R-134a systems. I don't know A/C so I don't know what exactly all that stuff is refering to so can any of you help. As we all know it HOT out here and having a crappy a/c sucks. Can you suggest a shop or someone you know who I can get my a/c fixed at?

Last edited by CarShowz; 07-28-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:50 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Air Conditioner

well.....I've just learned that I need to get my A/C system updated/ugraded to an R-134a system. I didn't know anything about this stuff and in the last 5minutes of being at jiffy lube, I know what I need.

now.......Do any of you know how to do this swap or where to get the parts?
Old 07-28-2006, 03:18 PM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

Originally Posted by CarShowz
well.....I've just learned that I need to get my A/C system updated/ugraded to an R-134a system. I didn't know anything about this stuff and in the last 5minutes of being at jiffy lube, I know what I need.

They have pre-made kits to convert it to R-134a, you can get them from Wal-Mart or K-Mart IIRC.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

autozone has the fitting kit also, but unless you have a vacuum pump i suggest you take it to a shop or someone with the equipment.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:00 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

OK thanks......both of you
I'll go see if I can get the kit right now
I don't have a vacuum pump so I'll have to find a shop tomarrow to do this
Old 07-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Better call around to find one that can evac your R12... Not all shops can.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:16 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
Better call around to find one that can evac your R12... Not all shops can.
i can
Old 07-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
i can

The R12 half of my machine broke and I said fuck it, not worth the money to fix. Plus, if I really need to evac a system some of my other shops close by can do it.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:29 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
i can
pm'd

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
The R12 half of my machine broke and I said fuck it, not worth the money to fix. Plus, if I really need to evac a system some of my other shops close by can do it.
well.....lemme know where one of "your other shops" are then please
Old 07-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

88CRXHFBSTNG has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CarShowz

NO YOU DON'T. its called HC 12a. direct replacement for 134a, cools better and has a lubricant that prolongs the life of the AC parts. $39.95

http://www.hc12ausa.com

Quick Reply: Air Conditioner