Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

AEM wide band on civic help

Old 12-29-2009, 11:58 AM
h22 POWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd
Default AEM wide band on civic help

Ok i bought a AEM wide band, had the car tuned already. was wondering if i took out the o2 and just ran the wideband will it mess with my tune/a.f ratio?

I just installed it on my car and my a/f is going crazy. So pretty much i am asking on my eg do i need to run the o2 sensor and then have a bung welded in and run the wide band in that. thus having pretty much 2 o2s.

Or can i have no o2 on my car and run just the wide band sensor?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt
Default Re: AEM wide band on civic help

what is the car tuned on? u can turn the factory o2 off and just run your wideband, if it is not already turned off, easy way to check unplug the factory on and see if it thows a check engine if not then your fine, if so take it back to whoever tuned it and get them to turn it off

and your kind of looking at it the wrong way, the ecu is seeing the narrow band o2, and your gauge is reading the wideband so it wont hurt eather way
Old 12-29-2009, 12:03 PM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

Originally Posted by RameyBuilt
what is the car tuned on? u can turn the factory o2 off and just run your wideband, if it is not already turned off, easy way to check unplug the factory on and see if it thows a check engine if not then your fine, if so take it back to whoever tuned it and get them to turn it off
was tuned by mrd, and no check engine light, that is why i asked. i didn't think i had to but was told from others you did.

but my tune is kinda all over the place lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:05 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

lol well u need a new tuner than, i have my thoughts about mrd from some of there tunes i have seen but thats not for this thread

i pmed u

and to answer your questions since it doesnt throw a check engine when u take the sensor off its not doing anything with it plugged in now

Last edited by RameyBuilt; 12-29-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:06 PM
ಠ____ಠ

onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr onesickgsr

what ems? hondata? crome? etc?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:14 PM
h22 POWA

crome
Old 12-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If the ECU still works fine with no O2 sensor attached, it's in open loop mode which isn't really great for fuel economy. You're not necessarily going to run that great during partial throttle either. You can use the narrowband output of the wideband controller to interface directly to the ECU, and not use the narrowband O2 sensor. However, there really isn't much use to do that if the narrowband is doing OK on it's own.

If you need a better tune, get a better tune, and keep things the way they are. You shouldn't be running with the O2 sensor disabled either, because then the ECU doesn't have any feedback at all (which is why it's called 'open loop').