Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Acura Integra Clutch/Flywheel installation

Old 05-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Motor Trend Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VT Prix GT 2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Acura Integra Clutch/Flywheel installation

Well, my friend owns a 1997 Acura Integra LS. Hes replacing the clutch and installing a lightweight flywheel this weekend. He wants my help. I've never dealt with Acura's personally before so this will be my first time. Any pointers to help make the install go smoothly? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: Acura Integra Clutch/Flywheel installation

Just like any other flywheel/clutch install really....Make sure you have an 8mm push pin for the shift linkage (that pin is a damn bitch 99% of the time), and make sure the clutch plate is properly aligned w/ the alignment tool or else getting the input shaft of the tranny to slide in can be a real pain in the ass....thats about it.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:06 PM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
Make sure you have an 8mm push pin for the shift linkage (that pin is a damn bitch 99% of the time)
hehehe... also known as "bitch pin"... called that for a reason...
Old 05-29-2004, 04:15 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by VT Prix GT 2006
Well, my friend owns a 1997 Acura Integra LS. Hes replacing the clutch and installing a lightweight flywheel this weekend. He wants my help. I've never dealt with Acura's personally before so this will be my first time. Any pointers to help make the install go smoothly? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

dont "pull" on the axles........on the passenger side, use a thick flat head to pry it off, on the driver side, just take the whole intermediate shaft out while the axle is still on, its a waste of time to try and take them off seperately,and for that bitch pin i use a number 5 punch and a big hammer, or if you have an air hammer with an attachment that shit works great.......make sure you have a 17 and 10(12 point) for the clutch and flywheel bolts....and please, always use an alignment tool......flywheel bolts-75 ft lbs, clutch bolts- supposed to be 22 ft lbs but i always go 25 ft lbs.........
Old 05-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Motor Trend Mechanic

VT Prix GT 2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the advice guys. Hopefully we can start on this shit tonight, contingent on my friend getting his head outta her girlfriend's ass.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:17 AM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

To seperate the tranny from the block, don't forget about the starter bolts. They must be removed.