Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

civic flywheel, clutch installation

Old 11-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96blkcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default civic flywheel, clutch installation

Allright, tomorrow I am finally going to install my stage 1 clutch, lightened flywheel, and short shifter. I have gathered everything I need, including parts, tools, and people who know what the hell they are doing, except..... do I need to use new flywheel bolts? If so, where can I get these without breaking the bank? Thanks.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:58 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

no, reuse your old bolts. the PP bolts are 10mm 12 points and the flywheel bolts are 12 point 17mm i believe. make sure to use 12 points or you are going to strip the piss out of the bolts.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:16 AM
World Famous VF-14

fullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: civic flywheel, clutch installation

Originally posted by 96blkcoupe
Allright, tomorrow I am finally going to install my stage 1 clutch, lightened flywheel, and short shifter. I have gathered everything I need, .
what the fuck do you need all that shit on a fucking civic for ? well atleast you just didn't buy a sticker pack and call it good . sell that shit and leave it stock and that money will by gas for a year .
Old 11-14-2003, 07:42 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: Re: civic flywheel, clutch installation

Originally posted by fullsize fun
what the fuck do you need all that shit on a fucking civic for ? well atleast you just didn't buy a sticker pack and call it good . sell that shit and leave it stock and that money will by gas for a year .
oh man.....you are a HONDA HATER!!!

you should watch which hondas to pick on. you are liable to have your ass handed to you
Old 11-14-2003, 07:44 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: civic flywheel, clutch installation

Originally posted by fullsize fun
sounds like Cuda speaking....
Old 11-14-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

shoot me.... sorry i just figured since my clutch is hanging by a string and i had to replace it anyway, i would buy good stuff. damn........ thanks sk8rmike, i got some 12 pts also, some other ppl warned me of strippin the bolts
Old 11-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah, USE A TORQUE WRENCH!!! very important. if you use an impact to snug them down you run the risk of snapping the head of the bolts clean off. it wont be hard to do, i've pulled apart a couple tranny's now and there isnt much to it.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

ya i got that, i have all the torque specifications too to make sure its on right, thanks for all the help. i also figured it wouldnt be that hard, all my friends have done the same with the same make car.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:30 AM

DelSilvia has disabled reputation
Default Re: civic flywheel, clutch installation

i love that guy up there talkin shit on hondas,maybe a domestic guy but as always

98% of fords are still on the road, the rest actually made it home.