Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

accord on boost

Old 02-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crznx2000 has disabled reputation
Default accord on boost

yeah, i know, i said i wouldnt.....but fuck it. anyways, the potential victim would be my 2000 accord coupe. its got the vtec f23 (i think thats right) and ive been told that its a very strong motor, with low compression. maybe there are some more informed people on this forum than i, im used to dealing with nissans. just figured it would be fun to have a car like this on boost.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: accord on boost

what im really concerned about is internal layout. ive been told its a semi closed deck, you can make 400 hp on the stock bottom end, its got some reinforced sleave or something or other.....just wondered how beefy the motor was. ALSO.....what would i have to do for tuning?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx

search accord forums.

f23's are good for boost.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:59 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Check out onecamonly.com and talk to SOHCinWA and Bisimoto. Bisi is basically the king of the SOHC and putup some impressive ass times All Motor. His 1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race ran 9.81 @ 139mph, and his 2006 Insight Unibody F22A ran 9.42 @ 146mph. He manufactures and sells all the same parts he uses, includinfg internals and turbo cams. There are a ton of good minds on that board and nobody mnds helping another SOHCer.

Dont forget who referred you there LOL.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

eh, just really trying to get an idea of the internal layout of the engine. if whats in it isnt strong enough, ill just leave it alone. just wondered how strong internally the motor is. dont care about "building" it. i have a 350 hp nissan. im good either way.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:34 PM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

now the rumor I always heard about the F and H series motors is their weak valve train. The bottom end can with stand a lot, being its one of the torquiest of the Honda motors. But for boost, the top end is probably where you'll need to do the most work.

But like I said, and from the years that I have been on this forum (and wanted to boost my wife's accord) its the weak valve train that always stopped them, and me. Seems like a lot of work just to get your kicks with a snail.

Please do your research and let us know.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

954rr has disabled reputation

The valvetrains aren't weak. It's all in the tuning. I would put a good set of headstuds on it and springs and retainers to be safe and you could hit 300hp+. It will be a torque monster.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

i heard matt had tuned a car that made 400 hp on c16. maybe my info is wrong, but i was under the impression it was a stock motor.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

All F series motors have iron sleeves from the factory.

You should be able to bolt an eclipse turbo manifold up to the motor with a minor modification to the manifold (I think you drill out one of the mounting holes or something).

It's been a really long time since I've read anything related to accords and turbos.....like someone said earlier research the accord forums.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Registered member

1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts1_bad_eg is infamous around these parts

ttt

Quick Reply: accord on boost