Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

96 Coupe rear drum brakes?????

Old 02-25-2003, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DX What! has disabled reputation
Default 96 Coupe rear drum brakes?????

Sup,

Does anybody know if the rear drum brakes assembly off a 96 coupe are any different than the drum brakes assembly off a 94 civic ex coupe? Or does anybody have 96-98 rear drums and parts lying around, preferably just the passenger side? All my studs and lugs broke off and I thoguht it was because of a bad wheel bearing so i had to switch it out, and I used the whole rear assembly minus suspension off a 94 coupe and now the tire pokes out.......with all parts laying next to each other they looked the same, but does anybody know for sure? Also how to you change the studs with everything taken apart? So if anybody has some insight on this please let me know anything.......Also would really just like the whole brake assembly from somebody that might have upgraded to disc brakes, so just let me know something.

Thanks,

Tommy
Old 02-25-2003, 05:39 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Why don't you just do a rear disc conversion?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:55 AM

DX What! has disabled reputation

Originally posted by Skywalker
Why don't you just do a rear disc conversion?
Looking for the cheapest and fastest way to fix my car and disc brakes aren't needed for me, unless somebody had them for cheaper than drum brakes......also i only need to fix the passenger side and dont really have time to swap out the driver side stuff too
Old 02-25-2003, 07:11 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if you had a RWD car this "wheel stick-out" wouldnt be a problem.......But its not so why not just buy the same year and model as yours.....I'm sure they got one at U-wrench it on sykes ave.......Va beach, or even from autozone it cant be too expensive......
Old 02-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

miahmouse is an unknown quantity at this point

5g hondas are 92-95, 6g are 96-00. I believe the suspension parts are slightly different. There's a couple of places out on military (next to that little airport) that have newer honda's. I recently got parts off a 00 coupe, I think rear suspension/brakes were still there..... (757) 488-4451.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:30 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

You should be able to find a million junked hondas you can gank the parts from. But I'd look for discs from a teg or Si while I'm at it. My rule of thumb is "don't fix it; upgrade it".
Old 02-25-2003, 08:39 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Skywalker
You should be able to find a million junked hondas you can gank the parts from. But I'd look for discs from a teg or Si while I'm at it. My rule of thumb is "don't fix it; upgrade it".
Unless your selling the POS to buy a Nissan.....LMAO.....J/P
Old 02-25-2003, 08:45 AM
Atheist.

Right.