Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 civic hatch

Old 08-02-2006, 01:33 PM
S-T-F-U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brycerb Brycerb
Default 94 civic hatch

OK, my car will start and as soon as you let the key go it will turn off. I can hold the key forward with the starter engaged and turning and the car will idle fine, but as soon as I let the key go to the normal running position it will shut off. I checked the main relay it is good. I hot wired the fuel pump so it ran constant and that didn't help, just to rule out fuel. If I keep trying eventually it will run, and stay running until I cut it off, so it can't be a fuse. My guess is that it is not firing the spark plugs, maybe the Ignition Control Module? Could it be the ECU?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:10 PM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb
Default Re: 94 civic hatch

Did a continuity test on my ignition switch and it failed anyone know of a way to rig this thing so I can get to work? Anyone got one for sale?
Old 08-03-2006, 02:27 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: 94 civic hatch

Give me a call when you see this, my name is Scott. I will price you a new ignition switch with the 15% discount I give to VADriven members. The number is in my signature.