Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How could this happen to my fully built ls/vtec?

Old 07-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lsvtecSCbeast has disabled reputation
Angry How could this happen to my fully built ls/vtec?

I have been building this damn motor for about 6-8 months now and i finally got it done and some dumb shit happened!

I have a 90 crx hf that i put this fully built ls/vtec supercharged on 12 psi motor in and it lasted 2,700 miles!!!WTF Here is what i did........

i have a b18a board .25 over with eagle h beam rods,wiseco 9,7,1 forged turbo pistons,block guard,all new bearings,gsr oil pump/water pump/timing belt,polished and balanced crank(whole bottom end),decked,arp head studs,fully done gsr head ported and polished(stage 3),3 angle valve job w/skunk2 valves,buddy club valve springs and retainers,had the whole golden eagle ls/vtec conv. setup,ctr cams,hyam.cam gears,jackson racing supercharger which has a match ported and polished manifold,hondata heatsheild mani gasket,with the 12 psi boost upgrade that was about $2,000 alone that had all the new pulleys,440cc injectors,missing link,hondata s200 w/boost opt.,that was pre tuned but not to threshold,also had a walbro 255 fuel pump,aem fuel rail,62mm bbk throttle body,big ass fluidyne radiator
etc,etc,.oh yea and i had a xsi tranny real short gears!!!

The motor was pretty nasty but it never hit the full 11.9 psi like it was supposed too.And finally one night comming home from hampton i was rollin on the interstate and a pontiac trans am pulled next to me and jumped,so i droped it in to 3rd seeing how i had a real short geared tranny i should have busted his ass!!!!NOPE i hit about 4 1/2 grand and the fucking car just fell on its face and started acting like i had fouled a plug out or something,so i get off at the next exit and pulled in to a gas stat.and had my girl hold the idle up for me so i could look under the hood because it wouldent stay running.When i popped the hood all i saw was mad blow-by smoke venting frome the valve cover so i got it to my shop and it sat for a week until i could get to look at it,so eventually i do a comp. test on it and #1 had 160psi,#2 had like 120,#3 had NONE,and #4 had like 80 or something,anyways i was fuckin pissed so i took the head off and all of the pistons were broke or cracked off only on the intake valve side but the #3 looked like a melted fuckin candle and it had looked like it melted some of itself to the bottom of my head!!!!!! So im like what the hell happend if i was only at 4 1/2 thousand rpm at the time the car never gave me much problem besides not hitting the whole 12 psi it only got close to 11!!

Well come to find out i had taken it to big als to get a cat put on it and i told them exactly what the car had and they said ok they can work that so they put a cat on it but the pipe they used to extend it was 1 1/8 thick.So my co-worker called one of his boys that knows his shit about chargers and he said that it sounded like i had "boost stack"which is when all that boost has no where to go with that little ass pipe!So i call big als up and they feed me all of this bull-shit like they cant legally change the flow of exhaust but the pipe they put up there was smaller than the stock hf flange because they slid it inside of it and then welded it so wtf!!!!!! I told them i would see them in court and that was that!!!

I also broke it in a whole 1000 miles, never beat it up while cold,and it was built to go pretty high never took it over 8500 rpm!

So what do yall think about that shit?I want someones feed-back on this to see what u think.Was it my falt or theirs???????????Should i try to take them to court or what?Because i didnt just through some bull-shit ass parts together and called it a motor i spent a LOT of money and time in to this and it lasted a whole 2,700 damn miles!! Oh yea and sorry for the long ass story but i wanted to let ya know!

Last edited by lsvtecSCbeast; 07-06-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:10 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: How could this happen to my fully built ls/vtec?

ouch...my head
Old 07-06-2006, 11:11 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

didnt break in properly, reved too high, bad assembily....cold be almost anything, most likely your fault
Old 07-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Registered Member

dude i broke it in a whole 1000 miles, never beat it up while cold,and it was built to go pretty high never took it over 8500 rpm!I wasnt sloppy on this build because i have blown up at least 4-5 b-series motors in my time but i knew better than to be carless with this one!!!!

Last edited by lsvtecSCbeast; 07-06-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:24 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Chalk it up to shit happens. I doubt youll get anywhere in court with a theory of "boost stack" on a fully built motor.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Spindrift187
Chalk it up to shit happens. I doubt youll get anywhere in court with a theory of "boost stack" on a fully built motor.
then what do u think happened?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:56 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Shitty tune.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

I would say your pretty much fucked.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:49 AM
psycho jungle cat

Originally Posted by lsvtecSCbeast
then what do u think happened?
shit...quite shitty shit id say. Perhaps you weren't sloppy in your buildup but overlooked something.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dave22
Shitty tune.
First thing that came to my mind.

Quick Reply: How could this happen to my fully built ls/vtec?