Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

93 del sol no crank no start has power

Old 03-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
widebody91hatch has disabled reputation
Default 93 del sol no crank no start has power

Pat
Norfolk
Pm me

I have a 93 del sol that died while driving. It has power and everything lights up but no crank. I have done some testing and found that I have injector pulse, no spark, I have no ground to the starter relay from the clutch switch but I do have ground to the clutch switch. I jumped the clutch switch connector and still have no ground to the starter relay. If I ground the relay the car cranks but doesn't start. I have power on the black and yellow wire at the distributor. I have put in a tester main relay and no change was made. Tomorrow I am going to swap ecu's and hope for the best. If anybody has ever ran into this please feel free to point me in the right direction
Old 03-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 93 del sol no crank no start has power

If the engine does not physically rotate when you turn the key, the problem is not the ECU. You can unplug the ECU and put it in your bedroom closet and the engine will still crank when you turn the key. Your problem is somewhere else. It sounds like you're not getting ignition power or something like that, which could cause the ECU to not work properly either.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

waltman88 has disabled reputation

Check all the wires coming from distributer cap. My teg did that and a wire came out of harness some how.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

I'm starting to think there is a problem inside the under dash fuse block. I am getting power from the ignition switch to the starter relay on 2 pins but no ground and no power out. I have no power to fuse 18 on either side. If I apply ground to the clutch wire at the starter relay and turn the key it cranks but doesn't start or if i apply 12v via power probe to the power with the ignition on the car will also crank and not start. I'm thinking the power isn't making it through the fuse block which is causing me not to have ground.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by waltman88
Check all the wires coming from distributer cap. My teg did that and a wire came out of harness some how.
Your starter refused to operate because a wire came out of the distributor cap? How would that work?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Registered member

Mirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to all

So even applying power directly to the starter, the engine will not fire up with the key in the on position? (if you have a manual transmission, keep it in neutral.)

My ignition switch is temperamental and I have a spare battery cable to jump my starter when need be.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

waltman88 has disabled reputation

I swear. I was driving on 64 and all of sudden died on me. I couldn't figure it out so I had it towed home and I was looking over everything and it was a blue wire if I recall right that let to the connector. After I hooked it back up it started right up.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

ok figured it out.... it had 2 problems... the little plastic button broke out of the clutch pedal at the clutch switch and the coil went bad.... i'm assuming the coil quit and he just mashed on the pedal and broke the little plastic button
Old 03-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Coils and igniters going bad in a Honda is very common for older Hondas.