Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Yay Chevy Quality - '12 Chevy Cruze running like a smashed asshole

Old 03-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Yay Chevy Quality - '12 Chevy Cruze running like a smashed asshole

http://youtu.be/YEdXCtPSfRs 34k miles. Been idling high(er than normal) when cold last week or so (1500 rpm). Started to run rough. Yesterday, got off interestate and the thing was running like poop. It was somewhat low on gas so I went to fill it up this morn. When I was driving (after filling up on gas) the car was hesitating under acceleration and the CEL popped on as well as the "Service Traction Control." Went home (~1 mile) and parked it then took video. Sounds like a cylinder miss. Taking it into the dealership tom who will tell me to fuck off when I demand a loaner. Any techs out there deal with this? I've brought it in before complaining about a rough idle but they told me there was 'nothing'.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Yay Chevy Quality - '12 Chevy Cruze running like a smashed asshole

It should be under warranty, and it's the dealer's job to get it sorted out. I hope you find a good dealer.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:21 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

Throttle body. Just had this same problem on my 2006 Impala.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:54 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
It should be under warranty, and it's the dealer's job to get it sorted out. I hope you find a good dealer.
Yeah, it just fucks up my day. They don't give loaners (I've talked to several dealerships about this). That and this is the 3rd time its been in the shop.

1st was for a fire recall. They literally gave some retard blind kid a wizzwheel and had him chop up the undertray (to preven oil from collecting). The quality of work was so piss poor. When I went to pick it up, I noted this to the rep and their response was "Well GM only pays us for like 15 min worth of work. . ." . . ."I'm sorry, I fail to see how that should be my problem for you guys to let crappy work out the door.

2nd time in for a rough idle and low coolant. They filled the coolant back up and I don't *think* its going back down. They said the rough idle was normal.

3 (Above)
Old 03-25-2013, 04:00 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Can you only claim the car to be a lemon if it's the same problem 3 times? There is no reason a new car w/ under 40K should have that many problems.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 AM
-RepLegion

Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
Can you only claim the car to be a lemon if it's the same problem 3 times? There is no reason a new car w/ under 40K should have that many problems.
This ^ just shows the quality of vehicles being made today by them. Also what dealership are you going to so I know to stay far away from? Them not giving you a loaner car of something in-depth as this is bullshit. When I was at Acura if there was a wait for an oil change we gave out loaners. So yea its bs that they don't give out loaners just complain enough and you will get what ever you want at a dealership. Trust me.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Registered member

Wife bought a TSX from Priority that just rolled 130k with not a single issue other than the clutch needing to be replaced and needing new rotors at one point (replaced under warranty, they became warped). They also take really good care of her with the oil changes, washing her car every time she brings it in etc. Next vehicle (excluding the Vette) will doubtfully be from the General. The Cruze was taken to RK. They just called and stated it was a valve cover. . .? Anyway, I have the rental for at least two more days until they get it in/fix it.

So yeah, I haven't been thrilled with RK whatsoever.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Standartenführer

euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Wife bought a TSX from Priority that just rolled 130k with not a single issue other than the clutch needing to be replaced and needing new rotors at one point (replaced under warranty, they became warped). They also take really good care of her with the oil changes, washing her car every time she brings it in etc. Next vehicle (excluding the Vette) will doubtfully be from the General. The Cruze was taken to RK. They just called and stated it was a valve cover. . .? Anyway, I have the rental for at least two more days until they get it in/fix it.

So yeah, I haven't been thrilled with RK whatsoever.
Valve Cover gasket at <40k miles ? Listening to your idle video it sounds to me like a vacuum issue. The traction control sometimes incorporates a throttle control to slow you down until your tires get a grip and either way should be under warranty. I tried to buy a car from RK but got some really shady vibes from them then talked to a neighbor who confirmed they have less than stellar business ethics.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Spray carb cleaner in the TB and IAC... if it still runs crappy take it in.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

I bought a cobalt from RK about 5 years ago. They were pretty shady. Mechanically defective parts were lubed up so they didn't make any noise, 2 months later the noises started popping up. It was a used car so no warranty. I never replaced the parts because they don't effect the car just very irritating to feel and listen to. 2 parts in the steering column, very common on the cobalt and probably the Cruze now too.

I wouldn't buy a bottom of the lineup chevy ever again. I bought it with 42k miles. By the time I sold it, it had 75k.

I replaced,
Ignition Solenoid (wouldn't allow the key to be removed, after replacing it broke again, but I actually fixed it with a zip tie)
Some piece in the A/T shifter that wouldn't allow it to be removed from park.
Both front wheel bearings
Both front rotors

It was a terrible quality car the seats were falling apart, the trans started surging in reverse, the taillights were really thin a brittle and cracked easy.

Quick Reply: Yay Chevy Quality - '12 Chevy Cruze running like a smashed asshole