Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 Eagle Talon

Old 02-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default 91 Eagle Talon

I using my dads work car for the moment, and last night i noticed the sound of a slight knock. (no engine codes are being blown) And like it idles fine, but the motor its self is kinda shaking. Also, the oil pressure gauge keeps going past the low hash mark when im stopped or at low speeds. I checked the oil and its fine. (becuase the car does burn oil) It wasnt doing this earlier yesterday. Any suggestions on what it might be?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 91 Eagle Talon

Originally Posted by cleanEK
I using my dads work car for the moment, and last night i noticed the sound of a slight knock. (no engine codes are being blown) And like it idles fine, but the motor its self is kinda shaking. Also, the oil pressure gauge keeps going past the low hash mark when im stopped or at low speeds. I checked the oil and its fine. (becuase the car does burn oil) It wasnt doing this earlier yesterday. Any suggestions on what it might be?

Does it idle fine at stops ?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:40 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SpoolnSRT4
Does it idle fine at stops ?
its varies from like 700-900 nothing to bad. but the motor its self is just shaking.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Registered member

any ideas? Its running a lil sluggish.......it has a 160k on the clock, 100% stock.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:46 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

2.0?

could be balance shaft issue.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
2.0?

could be balance shaft issue.
ya its a 2.0L

it only shakes really bad in Drive (automatic), the tranny is slipping really bad. Could that be the reason for the shaking?

And the ticking sounds like an exhuast leak......so im not to consered about that
Old 02-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

sounds like you have a bad motor mount maybe.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Cpt. Non-Spell
sounds like you have a bad motor mount maybe.
hmmm mabye..

btw: i have stock honda hub caps, pm if you want them
Old 02-24-2007, 11:36 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

well if you spin a balance shaft bearing it'll make noise as well as fuck the harmonics and make the car shake really bad.

could be the trans too.. hard to diagnose something like this over the internet.