Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 accord fuel problem PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4drjdmteg has disabled reputation
Default 91 accord fuel problem PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok i have a 91 accord with 255xxx miles on it i was driving the other day and it cut off on me, i t has new alternator starter battery etc.. So i have changed the main relay,the ecu, fuel regulator and the fuel pump with a used fuel pump out of another running honda that was wrecked and it still will not start. There is no fuel pressure at all when I unhook the line from the fuel line there is no fuel at all. I can hear the relay kick in when i turn the key and it has the correct voltage on all pins but the fuel pump does not turn on and it is getting 12 volts to it and has a good ground. Can someone please tell me what is going on and how to test my fuel pump? COuld the new one be bad now even tho it came off a running car with the same amount of miles on it? Please help me someone i need my car back on the road.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered member

91LSDA9 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 91 accord fuel problem PLEASE HELP!!!

if the pump has voltage and a ground then it must work...unless in your case it is bad....if i where you i'd buy a new pump and it will solve you problem
Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Okay every fuel pump i look at online for my car looks totally different than mine. MIne doesnt have the little bag at the bottom nor does it have a canister thing on it. Why is that please someone help me.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

reborncx is an unknown quantity at this point

i know you don't have any fuel at the rail and i'm guessing you don't hear the pump whine when you turn the key on but just for shits and giggles check to see if you have spark. i'm not worried about the ignition system being jacked i'm thinking the computer took a shit. why did you originally replace the ECU and how long ago was that? and obv if you haven't already check all the proper fuses including those for the ECU
Old 02-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Originally Posted by 4drjdmteg
Okay every fuel pump i look at online for my car looks totally different than mine. MIne doesnt have the little bag at the bottom nor does it have a canister thing on it. Why is that please someone help me.
wow...

Then you seriously need to get a new pump. That bag is a filter and also serves to absorb gasoline up towards the inlet of your fuel pump, and since you stated that you took it off of another vehicle with 255k miles I am guessing that it is on it's last leg anyways.

Last edited by Hatch Man(GsR); 02-02-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

I just replaced the ecu the other day when all this started happening to see if it was the ecu and yes i do have spark and i have checked all the fuses and changed the main relay.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

COuld it be the distributor?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

if you don't have fuel pressure you don't have combustion... Here is a good trick, have somebody spray some carb cleaner into your throttle body while you crank it over and see if it starts...
Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Ok so im an idiot i took out the fuel meter that measure s how much gas is in the tank tha tis on the right side in the trunk so laugh at me im a retard! SO SOme one please help me WHERE IS THE PUMP ON THE 91 ACCORD I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE AND DO NOT WANT TO DROP THE TANK SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

reborncx is an unknown quantity at this point

there should be another cover similar to the one you already took out somewhere close by. i don't know exactly where on that car. then change it... you already changed all the other stuff.

Quick Reply: 91 accord fuel problem PLEASE HELP!!!