Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

90 integra ls needs to just adjust cam gears for racing.

Old 05-03-2004, 01:22 PM
-HUFF-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
non-vtecpower has disabled reputation
Default Re: 90 integra ls needs to just adjust cam gears for racing.

1990-91 RS,LS,GS COUPE

ENGINE

Engine code: B18A

valvetrain: 4 valves per cylinder, belt-driven, dual overhead camshafts

Horsepower (hp), SAE net: 130@ 6000RPM

Torque (lbs-ft), SAE net: 121 @ 5000RPM

Redline: 6500 RPM

Bore X Stroke: 81mm x 89mm (3.19 in x 3.50 in)

Displacement: 1834cc (112 cu in)

Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Old 06-01-2004, 11:42 AM
racer not ricer

hawkeyez82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay! i was mistaken but i still need to know what is the settings on my cam gears!
Old 06-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

CBRboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
b18b- 142 hp to the flywheel.........calculate your 15 % drivetrain loss, less than 120 to the wheels.....LEARN SOMETHING FIRST BEFORE YOU POST THAT YOU KNOW YOUR CAR HAS 180 HP TO THE WHEELS WITH ONLY A BUILT HEAD BECAUSE IT WILL NOT MAKE THAT MUCH POWER.......ive seen fully built gsr motors running 12:1 compression with 5k dollars in head work done, standalone engine management and everything aftermarket for lightweight and a balanced rotating assembly and there only making 187 to the wheels, i am running 11:6:1
compression, with a stock ls head and i made 132hp to the wheels and thats with an hour of dyno tuning and the motor only had 1k miles on it when i dynoed it, i rebuilt it and swapped it in and then dynoed it(i know the head makes alot of difference, but an ls head, no matter how built it is will never be worth 50 hp).......with your low compression and depending on what type of cams you are running(crower i would assume for a good ls n/a setup), i say you will make a MAXIMUM of 150HP if it is tuned by an extremely talented tuner , and thats pushing it, and that short ram intake isnt doing shit for you except making a sound, your clutch isnt gonna create power, its only gonna hold the power that your motor is capable of making(but i highly doubt your stock clutch would slip with the low numbers that are being made), and that throttle body isnt doing shit either unless you can pull lots of air through the intake and flow it out just as fast, 70 is way to big for your motor, air velocity has alot to do with power.....you might be making 180 to the flywheel, and i highly doubt that as well, but i guarantee you dont make 180 to the wheels on a naturally aspirated ls motor with only a built head.......
well explained, the most hp i've seen on an allmotor less was 167whp. he had everything built with 12.5:1 c/r. that was with 2hours of dyno time.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

you need to put it on the dyno to see where your gears should be set. thats the most effective way