Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

87 jeep comanche no ignion and does not start

Old 09-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krazdracer has disabled reputation
Default 87 jeep comanche no ignion and does not start

I have a 87 Jeep Comanche 4wd. I just got done replacing the tranny and i go to fire it up and i have absolutely no ignition from the coil. I have 12colts going to it and 5 coming from the ecu. I also definetly have a good ground. I've replaced the ignition control module and the coil with no luck. i don't believe i have any fuel from the injectors either. It ran great before i did the swap and i did not touch anything in the engine compartment since its running. There is a 2 prong connector by the starter that the book says nothing at all about (haynes suck)And i can't find the female connector to match. i'm completely lost anyone??????????
Old 09-14-2007, 06:59 PM

Gustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 87 jeep comanche no ignion and does not start

If it is a 4.0 liter, check your crank position sensor. It bolts up right at the top of the transmission bellhousing.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation
Default Re: 87 jeep comanche no ignion and does not start

Originally Posted by Gustav
If it is a 4.0 liter, check your crank position sensor. It bolts up right at the top of the transmission bellhousing.
i will now thnks