Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

300ZX HICAS issues

Old 07-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Iridium V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default 300ZX HICAS issues

My HICAS light came on the other day and I have no problem installing the HICAS elimination kit. However, the warning light was coupled with heavy steering. For those who are familiar with the HICAS system better than I. Do you think that the problems are related to a faulty HICAS system or are we looking at two separate issues. Thanks for all input.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ
Default Re: 300ZX HICAS issues

Originally Posted by MGBRaceman
My HICAS light came on the other day and I have no problem installing the HICAS elimination kit. However, the warning light was coupled with heavy steering. For those who are familiar with the HICAS system better than I. Do you think that the problems are related to a faulty HICAS system or are we looking at two separate issues. Thanks for all input.

Check your power steering level in the resevoir. I think it just may be low. IF that's not it. well Tell me lol
Old 07-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 300ZX HICAS issues

I didn't know that the HICAS system shared fluid with the power steering. I should have been thinking. I will check this.