Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

02 Nissan Sentra GXE

Old 09-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default 02 Nissan Sentra GXE

My gf's sentra's service engine soon light can on, so we took it to autozone and they said its a misfire in cylinder number 1. It has 80,000 miles on it. She said the spark plugs have never been changed. So i replaced them and still same problem. The only things left are the injector and the coil pack that could be causing the problem correct? Is there anyway of checking the coil pack to make sure its not it?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 02 Nissan Sentra GXE

turned the car on after wards still had the light on, turned it on after going to walmart and it was gone. WOOT!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

well if it comes back on for the same thing, disconnect the cly 1 coilpack, and if the idle/engine sorta sounds like its about to cut off, then its not the coil.

it could be a clogged injector as well.

or even a headgasket.

is this a 2.5L altima?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered member

no its a 1.8l nissan sentra.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

luckyindychild has disabled reputation

seen problems with coils, if the light comes on number the coils and switch them around if a different cyl. misfires then coil, and head gasket are known to fail on these took put a pressure tester on it and check the cyl. for coolant
Old 09-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by luckyindychild
seen problems with coils, if the light comes on number the coils and switch them around if a different cyl. misfires then coil, and head gasket are known to fail on these took put a pressure tester on it and check the cyl. for coolant
they dont have a dizzy so when i change the coil pack to a different cly. it wouldnt make it misfire becasue its not on the right cyl correct?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

luckyindychild has disabled reputation

if the coil on cyl. one is intermitten bad and then you switch the coil to number three then that cyl. codes misfire then you know the coil is bad, at that point i rec. replacing all four, the coils are all interchable in this motor
Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by luckyindychild
if the coil on cyl. one is intermitten bad and then you switch the coil to number three then that cyl. codes misfire then you know the coil is bad, at that point i rec. replacing all four, the coils are all interchable in this motor
i thought you could switch them around and it still sparks normally. The light went off now that i changed the plugs. But im def. going to keep my eye on it. The car does have 80,000 miles with out a spark plug change so i mean it was about due for it ya know?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
kseriesdc2

kseriesdc2 has disabled reputation

light could have gone off during a number of cycles with ignition switch, some cars cycle 8 times, no it would not hurt to switch coil packs around, pcm controls firing order, coils aren't sold by which cylinder it is. 80k is normal for a tune up on these cars, 90k is recomended

Last edited by kseriesdc2; 09-13-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:03 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by kseriesdc2
light could have gone off during a number of cycles with ignition switch, some cars cycle 8 times, no it would not hurt to switch coil packs around, pcm controls firing order, coils aren't sold by which cylinder it is. 80k is normal for a tune up on these cars, 90k is recomended
pretty much whats happening is when she turnes the car on it shakes. Still idles normal and drives normal but only when she turns the car on for the most part. The light is off, but now its shaking again even though it wasnt doing it last night. So ima switch the coil packs around and take it to autozone and see if the misfire is on a different cyl.