Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

*sigh* now i need an oil return line

Old 05-22-2003, 06:01 PM
i probably hate you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by growley
I heard you can use dishwasher line or anything that can handle gas or oil (not being sarcastic).
lol, shut up and go sit in the corner.

blew, which oil return line are you looking for?
this one?

Old 05-22-2003, 07:17 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

wow, hose from hell.
blew, you'll want to use some Aeroquip line. you'll want to find someone who will be able to modify your oil pan and add a return. you may also think about something like an oil filter relocation kit along with an oil cooler whick my route to you turbo. the only thing is, i don't know that the stock oil pump will be able to supply the oil pressure necessary to do this. it's a thought anyway.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Unconfirmed User

BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2

MR.2 yea thats the one i'm lookin for. and geek i've got people who can modify the oil pan for the return but i still need to know how to tap into the block lol
Old 05-23-2003, 03:46 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

dude, you can't expect just to tap the block and have oil pressure on tap! that's why i suggested a oil relocator kit. the kit would provide an outlet for oil flow. by trying to get it to pass through the sandwich adaptor plate, to the turbo, to the oil cooler and back into the oilpan, (i think) will provide both an outlet and a means by which the oil can cool before being recirculated. i just don't know if your stock oil pump will be able to provide enough pressure. when you have your oil pan modified, you'll probably want to have it TIG welded.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:14 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ok, here' s the dealie:
you can use a tee or a block sort of like a NOS fuel thing and tap the oil sending unit. i found-out that the oil filter relocator will be too much oil. the pan will still need to have a return bung put into it.
Old 05-25-2003, 04:34 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

you said bung.
Old 05-25-2003, 04:57 PM
brake/steer/throttle

that's right...
now we're on the way ot as usual.