Notices
Sponsor Marketplace Support those who support VADriven! This forum is restricted to businesses and vendors who are VADriven Sponsors. Please consider them when making your next purchase! If you would like to become a sponsor click here.

Stock or Modified Bodyworks

Old 10-18-2011, 05:59 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: Stock or Modified Bodyworks

Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
holy shit!

finally something with the racecar

about that.

car drew blood from me already, now have the scar to prove it
Old 10-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Former Vendor

Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod

Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Former Vendor

Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod

WE DID NOT DO THIS ....this is not our work, this is the type of stuff we see all the time..this car was brought to us to be completely redone after somebody, or some shop did it themselves.it is absolutely horrible. The owner was not happy about it and we are currently in the process of repainting this entire car for him to get it back to a good looking car.

This is how it showed up. disgusting. Runs, crap and boogers all over the place, just terrible, looked like a roll on paint job.

This is its current state,it still needs to be primed and painted. I will post the glorious finished pictures when it is done.

another terribly painted piece by someone or some shop that does not particularly care about quality. Looks like maaco to me.that we will be repairing, stripping and repainting properly. bunch of junk and boogers and runs in the paint.

Last edited by Joey@StockOrMod; 10-21-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Former Vendor

some other goings on in the shop. gonna need some good loving to get it back right.

finished bumper for a new accord.

Last edited by Joey@StockOrMod; 10-21-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

whoa
Old 10-21-2011, 07:47 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
who is your supplier, if it sanywhere in the hr they most likely have it.

yea its definitely an upgrade from the normal paper. Its like 48 bucks a roll for us,for the 18inch paper,if I remember right from our supplier. It might be different then that. thats what I think I remember seeing, ha. and it comes in boxes of 2. so roughly a hundred plus dollars for 2 rolls of freaking paper. Its worth it though. good paper, holds up well in the heated booth. im pretty sure its the same price per box for the 12 inch and 6 inch, you just get more rolls of it.
I use James T Davis, we are way the fuck out in SWVA past Roanoke, so we are limited on suppliers. They are a PPG distributor, I would love to use Sikkens again but its kinda hard to get around here. The PPG and HOK clears are comparable, so I will have to live with it. As long as we are getting the Deltron line of paints its ok, their Omni lines are hit or miss on coverage and color match.

One last question: In your booth, there are a bunch of round holes in one of the corners, what is the purpose of that?

Thanks for the info on the paper though, I got a few rolls coming.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:28 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
I use James T Davis, we are way the fuck out in SWVA past Roanoke, so we are limited on suppliers. They are a PPG distributor, I would love to use Sikkens again but its kinda hard to get around here. The PPG and HOK clears are comparable, so I will have to live with it. As long as we are getting the Deltron line of paints its ok, their Omni lines are hit or miss on coverage and color match.

One last question: In your booth, there are a bunch of round holes in one of the corners, what is the purpose of that?

Thanks for the info on the paper though, I got a few rolls coming.
ah, yea you way out there, and omni will be hit or miss, its the bottom of the line fleet paint, like nason is for dupont. Those two lines are not made to be used to panel paint or blend anything. They are specifically for all over paint jobs. Its junk is what it is. Omni and nason clear arent too terrible, they just dont lay or look as nice and lack the uv additives so they arent warrantied against anything. We use duponts higher level paint and clear, Chromabase and Chromaclear.Excelllent color matching, great for blending, and the clear is fantastic. Plus it has the uv additives which is why they can warranty it for life against any sort of problem.

The little round holes, ha...they are actually fans for when the converison to water base happens. Water base paint needs A TON of air to move to get it dry, those fans are in opposite corners of each other, one on each end of the booth, and they move a crap load of air. They are very powerful to move over the car or part and get the water to release and evaporate quicker.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

I kinda thought it was for water base, but was not sure. I've been playing with it to learn the characteristics of it, just doing panels and using a stand of nozzles.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:07 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yea definitely takes some getting used to from solvent based. We havent switched yet since its not mandatory, but well be ready when it happens.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor

The doors that go along with the other blue stuff. older camaro race car.

like a mirror.

Quick Reply: Stock or Modified Bodyworks