Notices
Sponsor Marketplace Support those who support VADriven! This forum is restricted to businesses and vendors who are VADriven Sponsors. Please consider them when making your next purchase! If you would like to become a sponsor click here.

Stock or Modified Bodyworks

Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod
Default Stock or Modified Bodyworks

Stock or Modified Bodyworks
3440 Chandler Creek Rd Suite 102.
Virginia Beach, VA 23453

Phone: 757-301-8490
Fax- 757-301-2894

hours:
Monday thru Friday, 8am-6pm, we will make arrangements if time is a problem for you,
saturday and sunday: appt

DONE RIGHT, THE FIRST TIME.

Official website.

http://www.stockormodifiedbodyworks.com/

Please check out our vendor review thread to see what customers have to say about their experience with us:
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/vendor-reviews-57/stock-modified-did-me-good-180069/

Well, we have been around for a little while, and have worked very hard on our reputation for quality. It is time to showcase that even more with this sponsor thread so more of the local, and not so local community can have a chance to see what we have to offer with top quality paint work. Huge thanks to all VADRIVEN members who have reccommended us, used us and promoted us by word of mouth. You guys are the reason we are in business and it will always be that way. We cannot stress that enough, customer satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to achieve, and overachieve that everyday.

Those that have heard of us and continue to return to us know that we offer the best quality body and paint work in the area. We strive for show car quality on every vehicle, no matter what it is. It has to look good, and last forever once it leaves our hands. Excellence is what we do.

We are a Dupont shop, we use top of the line Dupont Chromabase and Chromapremier paint systems. These are incredible products which offer the best in look and durability to the elements. All of our work is warrantied for life, not only for the work we do, but also the product we use. The dupont products we use come with a lifetime warranty against defects so youll never have to worry about the finish. Anything from a simple repair to totally custom paint jobs with one off paint colors and schemes are what we specialize in.

Our facility is well equipped to handle anything from a minor collision, to a major accident, complete frame off restorations, custom bodywork, frame repair etc. We have a drive on frame machine, just about every tool imaginable, and lots of room for large and custom projects. Big or small, we want to do it and show you what quality paint work is all about.

-We have a heated paint booth to make sure conditions are just right when refinishing you car. We can spray your car in the dead of winter no problem because we can heat it up to whatever temperature we need. Once the car is done in the booth, we bake it with high heat to ensure proper curing.
-We have our own mixing room so whether were mixing a color to repair your stock colored car, or you want a custom mix for an all over paint job, it can be done simply and easily.
-We use top of the line Sata Jet spray guns.
-The guys that work here are all highly experienced in their craft and put in the time to do things right the first time around. We are second to none as far as we are concerned and would love to prove it to you.
-when working on your car, everything that needs to be removed to ensure proper prep and paint is done, we dont shortcut things. If your windshield has to come out, it does. When doing an all over paint job or a repair parts are taken off to be painted tomake sure everything is prepped right and covered with a beatiful finish.
-We have a large facility to store all cars inside. If your car is being worked on at our shop, it will be inside a locked building, it is also surround by security cameras and is insured from any damage.
-Our waiting room is air conditioned and we have comfy couches, nice tv as well to pass the time if you are waiting for the rental car people or just stopping by to talk or ask a question.

Free quotes of any kind, if you have something small or your wanting to undertake a large project, stop by the shop and get an estimate. We are car people too so we dont mind talking about projects, or simple repairs, explaining the process and what it involves. If you need a bodykit installed or a simple lip feel free to come by and talk.

-We deal with with ALL types of insurance claims, no matter the insurance company you have, we deal with them. We will do everything we can to ensure your claim is handled smoothly and promptly.

-If you have any questions, no matter what they are or your wanting a round about quote please feel free to private message me (Joey), post them up in this thread, call or stop by the shop. Its all welcomed and well do the best we can to answer your question.

-Here at som we arent just a shop thats all about business, were about people too, were not in this just to make money, were also here to make friends with customers and make sure everything we can do for you is done.

-Ill be posting up current projects in the shop on a regular basis, whether finished or during the process so everyone can see what goes on inside stock or modified bodyworks.

Again, thanks to everyone who has supported us through the years, we hope to be around for a long time and continue providing the best quality body and paint work.

We have done a ton of local cars. and some that have driven hours and hours away to bring their vehicle to us.
Here are some shop pictures, and a few cars of forum members vehicles that we have done, either completely, or extensive repairs on.

unfortunately we dont have pictures of the thousands of other cars that we have done, from ferraris and porsche: lotus, corvette, older classic muscle cars, vipers, big trucks, all out drag cars and so on. We are going to try and stay on top of taking pictures of every car that comes in, from start to finish.

Last edited by Joey@StockOrMod; 09-03-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
RevTek

calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol
Default Re: Stock or Modified Bodyworks

joey-rick-keith all good people!!!!! work speaks for itself.....
Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 PM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

As a customer for life, I would like to give my input.

When I first dealt with them, it was to get my Integra done. It was an all over job plus some. I met with Rick initially where he looked over the car and gave me quote. Even after the quote, we sat around an BS'd for a while before I headed back home. Well I had already felt like I wasn't "just a customer". Rick seemed excited to do the work and to put in the man hours on this car and never got the impression that it was about the money. You could tell this was his passion. When it came time to do the work, I delivered the car, and they gave me a full tour of the shop and showed me and explained to me the process of what it took to get this car done. At this point I was very confident in the job and the price. These guys use some very high end stuff! NEXT DAY, I get a whole list of pictures sent to me where the car had already had a lot of time in it. They did not waste any time getting on this. Rick kept me posted as best as he could with all the work he had to do to get this thing ready for Joey to lay down the paint. In less than a week (not including the time they were waiting on me to deliver needed parts), the car was painted completely and they had started getting it back together. When I went to pick the car up I was beyond amazed at what I saw. It was by far past my expectations and they were very high. They removed every window and every other removable panel so this thing looked flawless. No tape lines, no crazy overspray, nothing! AMAZING!

After all of this, I had broken 2 front bumpers, both times, I was given an awesome price on parts and labor and turn around time was superb! Went out of their way to make a bad situation look not so bad.

Next, I decided to tuck and shave the engine bay. Well, let's just say I gave myself a one week deadline to have old motor out, bay welded up, car trailered to these guys, get it back, wire tuck the bay, and install the motor. Starting on a Friday night, I had everything out, welded up, and "ready to go" by Sunday. Rick went out of his way to meet me at the shop to deliver the car and look it over. Let's just say, Rick had far more work cut out for he and his team then he thought with all the welding we had done and body work and grinding of certain areas that needed to be done. Once again, he stuck to his word and took on the job. In just THREE days I had pictures of the bay painted and ready to pick up. THREE days! and it was TONS of work that had to be done. Needless to say they made my one week deadline happen and worked HARD to make this happen for me. They once again, blew my mind!

NOW, my new car is currently there to get the hood painted. Got the car down there Saturday morning and it should be ready to be picked up tomorrow. I mean, seriously? With everything they have going on, I felt like I was top priority whether I truly was or not. I can't wait to see it all said and done.

I really don't feel like I have begun to do that shop justice but I have given enough to read already. Needless to say I live 2 hours away and won't even think to take my car anywhere else. The people, the quality of work, the tools and materials they use... I can't wait to tell people why I take my car there. Do business with them and you will see what I am talking about! You will NEVER go anywhere else.

Thank you guys again for everything you have done for me. It is always a pleasure!

More pics:

Went from this:

To this:

Pics from the shop:

And the car they have now, will post pics when done (if Rick doesn't)!

Last edited by MICK LVN; 08-01-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

jduncan2011 has disabled reputation

damn looks like the do amazing work if i ever have to get a car painted i would deffinitly be intrested in going to them.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 PM
In the honda game...

wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet

out of your price range josh lol. but seriously i went up there to meet a guy about trading my car not even to talk to the guys. But joey was kinda enough to come out and introduce himself to me and we sat and talked for at least 30 min. About his shop, work, other paint related things, and just an all around great guy. Joey is a cool dude and im sure would do anything for anyone! if i can save enough monies i will deff bring my hatch to you guys!

Last edited by wrx=sweet; 08-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Being right around the corner from you guys on Holland... I should just bring my truck in there to let you guys handle the wet sanding. I'm not a painter or body work person and that is one thing I don't want to attempt to screw up.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Former Vendor

Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod Joey@StockOrMod

yeessh. that is one super stained panel. well do what we can on that. hopefully it isnt completely etched into the clear. stop by when you are available.

here are some pics I was able to dig up.

some are more current than others, some are repeats to show start and finish.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:42 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by Joey@StockOrMod
yeessh. that is one super stained panel. well do what we can on that. hopefully it isnt completely etched into the clear. stop by when you are available.
Those runs are actually from lovely I64. It just rained and the truck was super dirty, just the rectangular outline is the issue. I'll swing by when I can and see what you guys think.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 AM
Former Vendor

ahh ok, I thought those may have been well water stais. Alot of people dont realize how badly that stuff can ruin the topcoat if not protected from it. Of course the outline is noticeable, as long as the paint is still intact we should be able to get it looking pretty good.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:41 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

JOEY IS THA MOTHAFUGGIN MANNNNN!!!!!

can't wait to see the Type R when its done man, you guys NEEEED to take pics of that throughout the process!!!!

Quick Reply: Stock or Modified Bodyworks